1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Be Okay If Your Spouse Remarries After Your Death ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by madras2018, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I reflected the emotional battle that I was going through the time when my health was unstable. It all seem funny and stupid thoughts. Not all the step mothers are evils, and not all the young husbands end up marrying for the second time for the sake of it. At least I am sure my H will take his own time, and review the need before jumping into it.
    But that time, my mind could only see the negatives of it.
    PS; I was battling with a weird throat infections, which the doctors suspected as some form of cancer, but later it was ruled out and i am fully cured.

As for the luxuries... I was/am the primary bread winner to the house, and all the comforts my family enjoys is made by my hard earned money only. My H recently started to contribute towards the family, as all his income were mysteriously going missing in the past - which was a long story.

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hand on heart , yes. I wouldnt want to meet her , I wouldnt want to dwell on it, but i would definitely want him to find a partner. He needs emotional support and companionship , and I would let him do that without feeling guilty and feeling like a betrayer. Not too soon, like atleast a year waiting, to overcome grief and when he is in a state to judge if the person he chooses is genuine. Assets 75% to the kids ( 50% is mine to the kids and 50% of his) before he takes any decision.

Now that my kids are in teens, I am not so worried. I used to have this fear when my kids were small and was terrified about how DH will handle them, how a stepmom might turn out to be a horrible mom to my kids.

Has anyone see the movie "Meri biwi ki shaadi" with Amol palekar in it?

sindmani, poovai and yellowmango like this.
  3. Mahima123Narang

Mahima123Narang New IL'ite

Yes, I know the qualities of my Man and i know if he will be alone after me, than he certainly go in depression. So, I willingly want that he should marry with someone who will take care of him genuinely.
    But that lady should be truely in love not for some reasons like Property etc.

4. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

Doesn't anyone want to save H from more drama(marriage) ☺️...
    I wish my Dh understands it's a bliss to live alone with the company of friends (women & men),books and tv and walks.Probably occasional visit from DD.
    I want him to look at the world and feel happy & peaceful.
    The answer is i don't want him to marry again.Let him be.

5. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Yes yes yes.. i had thought to die so thhat atleast after that he would undrrstand my worth or he would marry someone and then realize my value ..:tearsofjoy:
    And even if i really die i have no problem. But i will not let our daughter stay with the newly married couple. I will sure ask my parents to lookafter my daughter.
    I know a man who married just few weeks after his wife's death which was infact shocking to everyone. That time people even stopped talking to that man. He was in early 50s. All kids were married by then. Even the kids were against the marriage. Remarrying was not the problem but within few weeks itself how could he think about another marriage. Anyways the second marriage didnt go well. They both divorced. And he lost lot of money too because of that.

poovai likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I worked on this scenario with the lawyers. They added the multiple if clauses (if both are minors, if one is a minor, if one still has the disability blah blah blah)and DH remarries then ------. I won't let the guy make decisions in peace even from beyond. I have to leave specific instructions.

7. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Was it a will you created ?

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was will and trusts together. Not sure where exactly they put it but it's there somewhere.

poovai likes this.
  9. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Living will and setting up a trust fund is a must for those who live in abroad due to the reason we may not have immediate clan close by.

Actually, a co-worker explained in details how to safely release the trust fund to the adult children. Prenup agreements may not be possible in our children's marriage but, to protect the inheritance, trust fund has to be fine tuned to keep it away from the "future" DIL/SIL. It didn't occur to me until I checked with the lawyer.

The "worrying" mom is never ending story even after the death!