1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Suicides happen , What role IL(IndusLadies) plays....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by incarnation, Sep 10, 2010.

1. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

"It is heartbreaking to hear of young men and women killing themselves when their heart is broken, when they feel so hurt and humiliated that they cannot bear to go on living. The idea is to stop feeling, because the feeling is unbearable, lacerations of the soul that cannot be healed. One feels so alone that one does not see the point of going on living anymore. No friend, no family, no support system, no connection, no significance. A life so worthless, or frightening, that one does not want to experience it any more.
    OR
    Perhaps an act of ultimate communication – so that one is finally heard, and the ones who left behind are finally punished, made to suffer as they suffered." As nicely said by Dr Devdutt Pattanaik ,a mythologist..

As I traverse thru many sections of IL specially family and relationships, I get to see how people pour in for support , empathy and strength..They make you say the unspeakable that is even unspeakable to your nearest and dearest...

Here is where I appreciate IL immensely as place for support , significance,Friend , connection , life becomes worthful for many .....
    The second fact of ultimate communication is of no use after that , that is what we understand at IL ...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    2 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Incarnation,

Very well said. No matter how closely knit and supportive we as a society claim to be, the reality is quite different.

Unfortunately, most of the times people tend to be judgmental and harsh which only puts the person in a more difficult situation and they choose to keep their problems to themselves.

I second you in saying that IL provides a wonderful opportunity for desperate people to reach out to total strangers and get the support and suggestions that they need, irrespective of whether the suggestions help them or otherwise. Just the reiteration from others that one is not wrong in thinking or feeling the way one does is a big help to the person who is suffering.

1 person likes this.
  3. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Communication helps and these people just need somebody to listen to them and make them feel that they are understood. Today people do not have time for others. But I have found that IL members from my experience have been a great community and always going out of the way to help others.