1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Our Own Family Is So Jealous

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Emarald, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

I am full time working mother of 2 kids who work hard everyday. I wake up early in morning goto office early, then gym, come home cook fresh food for my family, clean house, laundry everyday. My husband and kids help me with some household chores now a days because I was doing all alone many years. Whereas my lazy sister is stay home mom, never cook or clean, watch tv, gaining weight and complaining about weight gain and no money but loves shopping, eating out, watching tv sitting on sofa everyday. She calls me selfish because I do exercise and keep myself fit.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am a stay at home mom who dedicates time to exercise,makes fresh food,tried to keep home spic and span and life looks perfect to outsiders.Unfortunately,everything I do ..people say”you have so much free time” or “ jobless hence the fit body”.
    I am like seriously..

Honestly ,people be it relatives or friends just criticize coz they are not able to tolerate somebody is doing something they can’t.

It irritates BUT never give up what you are doing.Get fitter and make them fume!! That’s the best revenge.

Good luck dear

CoolPie, VinuthaS, shreepriya and 3 others like this.
  3. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Hi emarald..best is to ignore.These things might flare up your mind but there is noway you can question her on this topic.
    I know this is not a soothing advice but best is to ignore and make peace with your mind.

nakshatra1, sindmani and anika987 like this.
  4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Emerald:

When I read your post....for no reason Newton's 1-law came to mind. :roflmao:

"Newton's first law states that every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change its state by the action of an external force".

Your sister is 'at rest' - need an external force to change her life style!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@Emarald looks like you don't have good opinion about your sister. Like wise she also doesn't.
    Where is jealousy here ? I don't get it.

6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

maybe she is jealous of you. best to ignore

7. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

Dont take any notice as she is feeling very inferior to you. It is much easier for her to call you selfish than to get up and exercise or do things you do. You are amazing and so dont let any one tell you otherwise.

September2015 likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Because jealousy is irrational.

SunPa and September2015 like this.
  9. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

Like someone else said, I think maybe the sister is jealous because despite working, you are finding the time to look after yourself and keep fit. Maybe you can talk to her and encourage her to take up some form of exercise. I am a stay at home mum too and I don't have time to go to the gym but every chance I get, I'll go for walks. It gives me a break from home and helps me keep my weight in check as well.
    If she lives close to you, maybe you can both go for walks together? It could be that she just needs time away from home and family.