Why do we do Namaskaram to God and elders ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 7, 2006.

1. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Chitra mam
    I have started reading your posts on the hindu culture since last week only. They are very informative. I am not a very religious person. But your posts are changing my perception.

After a long time this weekend at home I recited Vishnu Saasranamam. I felt very happy. I will try to make it a practice to recite it on a daily basis when ever I find time.

Thanks

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear VLR,
    I am very happy. If my culture posts can help you understand about our culture in the right perspective, I cannot ask for anything more!
    Thanks for keeping me informed.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. nirmalapn

nirmalapn New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,
    I stumbled upon indusladies very lately for personal problems and got very good advices from other ILites. Now i am a regular visitor here. Ever since i started reading your spiritual forums i feel more peaceful and worry less about my personal problems. Your posts are so enlightening. I thank God for introducing me to IL.
    Love
    Nirmala

4. Chitvish

Dear Nirmala,
    IL is a wide platform where global ladies can discuss may things and exchange views, get advice etc.
    I am happy, you like IL!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chitra

Bow That was a detailed and beautiful explanation about doing Namaskarams to God and elders.

I have been following your recipes for tasty food, now I need some food for thought!

I am going to find some time to go through your spirituality and Culture threads.

6. Chitvish

Dear Usha,
    Thanks.
    Go through the "why"s in the culture thread to realise how significant each action is, in our culture. You will appreciate our culture & will be proud of the same.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami,

I have experienced, the flow of blessings as a result of Namaskaram.

I have recorded this in me and am practising it in daily life.
    .... Annai yum Pitha vum, munnari deivam mai...Anu dhinam tholuvathu nam mudhar kadamaiyam...

In thoughts, I prostrate to my parents and seek their blessings to strengthen my soul to ward off all evils and hurdles, that may come in my path in my daily life.

I bow to their virtues, which has and is still giving me a ring of protection.

In that path, I Bowto you and seek your blessing...

8. Chitvish

Dear Saras,
    Knowing how much you are into Anmeegam, I believe what you write. I too believe a lot in "manasika" namaskarams.
    My blessings to you & PV.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C

I do appreciate our culture. It is good to know why we are doing certain way so if children or friends ask me, I will be better equipped to answer.

I have planned of reading one "why" in the culture thread and one from the Gita section on a daily basis-- hope I succeed.

10. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Chitra Mami

I used to visit your receipe section and sloka index till date. After going thru this, will definitely ensure that i read each & evey article of yours.
    I have become an ardent fan. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us.

ps. Would definitely like to meet you when i am india, i stay in Adyar, chennai