1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why divorce rate is increasing in India day by day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Pranjjal, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Work pressure or stress increased double on working women means they work in the same environment,stress,pressure in office and still when they came back to home they need to do house work. They just can't sit relax(stretching their legs) in front of TV and enjoy. So its double on them but No men don't want to change. Whereas in the family men can feel for this they can live a happy peaceful married life. Same is for housewives they are staying at home that doesn't mean one should treat them as a doormat and just give them orders.

2. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Why divorce rate is increasing day by day?

Good question.

I would like to add another question. Why women posting their marital problems are advised left and right by some other women, presumably happily married themselves, to divorce/separate from their husband?

3 people like this.
  3. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Very well said ShilpaMa
    Yes working women are getting insurance policies in their name and keeeping husband and kids as nominee.. whilst their husband might be reared to keep only mother as nominee in any policy/ bank account they open
    YA same thing happened with my friend her hubby died by heart attack. Her husband didn't allowed her to do job after marriage. She was a housewife for 7yrs after marriage and has a kid around 6yrs old age when her husband died. After his demise her in-laws wanted her to come with them to stay at village. And they started asking her to show them the papers of their house and insurance policies etc etc. They said we will sell the house and you come to stay with us. They wanted to make sure what is their share in it. If such case happens what will Housewife end up with? If her husband assigned his parents as nominees then how their wife and kid will suffer. No one knows how long their life is? For avg Indian men it is easy to remarry after their wife's death but its not at all easy for widows to take a decision to marry again. I saw many women prefer to stay as a single mother than to remarry again. And also think how long she has to survive.
    In case if my friend was ready to go to stay with her in laws in village from metro city how she was able to raise her kid there. My friend was decided not to go with her in laws and I gave her support in her decision. Now she was struggling to make her kid's future secure and happy. My God's grace she is educated and after doing a lot of struggle for 5 to 6 months she got a job as a teacher in school and got a safe working environment too . But She is struggling to manage all her expenses and savings in very low salary. Her parents and brothers are supporting her now. But why Husband can't think of this???? This situation can arise in anyone's life.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Ms/Mr. bukbuk

No one said divorce is bad...or a wrong thing to do...but here we are trying to figure out the whys and whats...whys may include several reasons...and if something can be fixed...what can /cannot be fixed is one set...and if something cannot be fixed thats when people have to know where to cut the losses and move on...there are people who are happily remarried too...but living in the same hell life and whining n complaining about people around us is not the right thing isnt it?? if its not that hellof a life , then why keep pointing others faults and feel good about ourselves...that too on open forums where no one knows us...not every marriage has to end in divorce...and not every thread /poster is suggested about separation./divorce...

1 person likes this.
  5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Pranjjal

This is a very constructive thread....good posts and info so far....keep em coming please...

Specially it would be nice to hear more from the male members...because we women have hammered this divorce/ no divorce thing for such a long time...that it would be nice to hear from male stand point on what would be the best way to deal with some of the challenges in marriages.

2 people like this.
  6. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Other women advice for separation/Divoce only when op's marriage if beyond repair. Their life is more valuable than saving their marriage. People don't take divorce just for fun, they try to work on that and only when they feel its not going to work they quit!!

4 people like this.
  7. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

I feel No this is not the case exactly. Husband and other family members are not willing to accept this fact and accordingly make a change in them. They fail to help her at the front in the battle of life. She is struggling for her empowerment but other people either don't want this or they want this but not willing to help much in this.

8. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Yes I would like to hear un biased views from male readers what are right things for women in marital distress...imagine tommorrow your sister or daughter might be in same situation.......

1 person likes this.
  9. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Yes this thread is not to support Divorce or not against divorce or not to abandon marriages. This thread is 'to make a change' This thread is to discuss what a husband wants from wife and vice versa. So that through discussions we can judge ourselves and can make +ve changes in our thinking and acts and this will lead to a better understanding of "What marriage is all about'"

10. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Ms/Mr. SriVidya

I look at the threads from an outsider's perspective. And am genuinely alarmed by the magnitude of 'go for a divorce' suggestions thrown at someone when they reports their marital problem. It seems like the most easiest and painless suggestion one can give to an unknown woman on a virtual platform. Especially when you are in no way related to that woman. Am not even sure of how much of such suggestion goes into the decision making process of the problem postor. But since there was a question raised about factors contributing towards divorce, and I felt this is a factor however trivial no one would dare to touch, I was compelled to respond.