1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why divorce rate is increasing in India day by day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Pranjjal, Jan 24, 2012.

1. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

@Ali
    You're basically trying to say that women and men are different and that they should never be considered equal. It's the equality that is giving rise to issues, did I get your point?

3 people like this.
  2. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Momma's boys, Aren't we women responsible for this As a parent we should teach our sons the importance and values of women in life ??? These men can only give respect to their mothers and sisters why not other women????

3. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

If women are changed then why not men??????? In many restaurants we can see that mostly men are working as a chef then why not men try to help their wives in day to day household chores and in parenting ??????

4. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Some one has raised the problem of Nuclear family and joint family...........

My que is whats the use of joint family if In-laws are not ready to help. Let me give my eg. Me myself is highly educated and always used to get Distinction throughout my career from school to college. I was working in a s/w firm before my marriage, was earning handsome money. My DH too working in the same field and taking into consideration of lot of work pressure and not getting the time for each other after marriage I decided to take job in other field and I started to build my career and was working as a Professor in Engineering college. I was satisfied in my job. Then we decided to hv an addition in our family. I gave a birth to my child. Now the part comes of Nuclear family and joint family..... My MIL raised her hands and said I can not help you. I left my job for my son. My MIL's role was supposed to be only to look after my baby not other household chores because I was in position to hire maid. Being a scholar student I became a housewife for my child and I hv no regrets for this. I am happy that I can very well take care of my child but at the same time sometimes I feel bad that I am wasting my education and knowledge.

But Now tell me Can my husband has a right to ask me to take care of their old age parents if they didn't help me when I was in need and Why should I do that because only I married to him and he is a man and I am a woman????????????

4 people like this.
  5. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

:notthatway:
    :notthatway: Men are not coming forward to explain their side :roll:

6. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Now talk about the solutions .........

I request men out here to take part in discussion.

7. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

And I thought I did express my view in my earlier post :idontgetit:

8. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

I appreciate. Oh thanks!! Now I know ur Gender :lol: Your points are valid. I agree stress of modern life is increased but then why it should increase on working women only double than men. And for house wives do you think they have less stress as they are housewives???????

9. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

This might seem right to you Pranjjal, I obviously do not know how helpful or how un-helpful your MIL is.

But this is what is part of our culture. Its not that you should do it for them only if they do stuff for you. These are compromises that we make as Indians. And its finally a good thing that the child will have more people at home and would get better attention. I know how much kids living abroad are missing not having more people especially grandparents around. I feel they are deprived of it for no fault of theirs, not that parents intend it either. But that special relationship can't be bought or compensated with anything else. That is a boon. Having people around is more important for kids and in turn it will help you too in ways that you might not be able to appreciate right now.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

I recently came here in abroad and my son is 6 yrs old now. This happened when I was in India and my son was baby born. And why husbands parents only need to take care of and why not wives parents. Me and my sis are the only daughters of my parents then what about my parents. I am not fighting with my DH on this but I am asking in general why men can not think on such things and become broadminded. I know kids need more people but why to gather them only to increase our work if they are not ready to help their own family. And trust me it is the most troubling part of many working women. Who says that kids needs their grandparents if me and my DH is there to give everything to him care,love,affection,time,moral values,money etc etc etc. He has his own set of friends too.
    What I want to ask is In 21st century world in spite of her own achievements why only women need to compromise in life why can't men change their old thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    3 people like this.