1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why did your Last Friendship End?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vennella, Aug 12, 2015.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

My last friendship ended because I found that lady was back biting me and always trying to putting me down when we used to be in group..she always asking for favors but never returning any...she was my neighbor hence complete cut off was not possible so limited myself to hi n bye sort of...later we moved from the place...

Vennella, sindmani, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  2. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Yes, generic. It is very tiring to just be the listener always and hear the other person praise themselves to no end. Also, she has to be the person to decide everything. If we plan to go to a restaurant for lunch, she will pick the place and never gives the other a chance.

In most cases, it is usually drifting away that happens and that's a good alternative to showdowns. I personally hate to be in any sort of conflict situation.

anika987 and generic like this.
  3. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I agree, it is better to be alone than maintaining relations with people who constantly compare. I had a friend who would compare size of houses, who got married early, who had kids sooner than others etc. as if we are all running a race!

shravs3, sindmani, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  4. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Gossips and liars are a huge turn off. Can never trust such people. I guess that is their claim to fame, make themselves feel important that they know secrets ;)
    after my experience, i am quite wary of starting any sort of friendships with people at work.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Guesshoo,

that's stooping so low when someone makes comparisons between kids! And wishing ill on a child!! Deplorable. She's certainly a person to be cut off.

6. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

you must be her sob story friend. Believe it or not, people have friends for fun times, friends for getting work done, and some friends to relate their sob stories. It would be quite draining to deal with their never ending problems!

@jazmine83
    sometimes i feel some people are still stuck in high school, given their diva behavior and complete lack of consideration for others.

sindmani and veeramachaneni like this.
  7. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

So true! I had similar experiences. I would share some of my personal grievances only to get sarcastic comments and an incentive to make jokes!
    Of course, I can never be busy. One time i even got a comment as, "how can you be so busy, you don't even have kids". Since she had kids, in her mind, she had the upper hand or whatever!

1 person likes this.
  8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

@SGBV,

So people are just the same across cultures :)
    It has been my experience that friendships at work rarely go beyond a certain point.

9. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

My friendship ended for the following reasons :

1. Back biting and gossiping among our friends group itself
    2. Thinking my kid is their only competitor in the whole world
    3. Talks very high about herself and when someone appreciate me she used to say " i can do that too " ...
    4. Dont sync with my character as i dont like to gossip and talk about others when they are not in present situation as i talk diplomatically to them and avoid if i dont like them
    5. I have not ended the friendship officially but meet with them but dont like to interact as before

10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Oopsie .... tat hurts a lot when u exchanged ur stuff and gossip about you to others .... REAL BAD ..... Dont disgrace them with word " FRIENDS"

1 person likes this.