Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day 2006

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Congrats Vidya!

Dear Vidya,

The very first essay about Mrs Chitra spoke lots about you, and the second and third made it very clear that you are a person who feels it from the heart and pens it down on paper. Honestly, although I totally agree with Mrs Ambika Ananth that each of the ILites who wrote about their role models deserve a prize in their own way, you amazed me with your writing style! Not only was it crisp, clear and flawless, it also somehow came from a place that's full of innocence and care.

Heibo and ammami teach us many a lesson, and Mrs Chitra is a living example of how we could aspire to get there( the place where everything operates from the junction of mind and heart - equal amounts of emotions and rationale)

Congratulations Vidya!

Love
    Shalini

2. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

that was great ,Vidya...Congratulations

Dear Vidya,
    Congratulations to you on winning the "Role Model" contest..!!!Your article on Heibo was very touching ..that was indeed very fine and fabulous .A cent % reason to see her as one`s role model. Heibo`s resilent nature is a role model to all the suicide prone human beings ,to live life with newly achieved spirit..
    Well done Vidya!!!!!
    regards sheela(sushdevi)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sheela,

Thank you for the congrats. I liked your piece right on first time I read it. By writing about your mother as a role model, you have made this contest a dedication to all mothers. Above all, whatever other role models we have in life, mothers remain the first and constant role model. Thanks for reminding all of us about that.

best regards
    Vidya

4. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

congratulatios!

Dear Vidya,

I read all three articles of yours today;They are so very absorbing!
    Heaty congratulations!

Nuggehalli Pankajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs Pankaja

Thank you for the kind words, I am blessed that writers of the caliber of you; Sridhar sir and Ambika liked my pieces. I have been writing since I was 6 and it is nice to find a good venue in IL to present them. My father used to tell me that for a woman, the best ornaments are words, 'vaak bhooshnam, bhooshnam'. I remember that everytime I read a piece by you or Ambika or Sudha.

sincerely
    Vidya

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shal,

Sorry for writing late. Thanks a million for your kind words. You write so well too, I liked the phrase 'where the heart and mind meet'. Ammami also taught me about religion and faith and as you say she combined rationale and emotions in that too.

love
    Vidya

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ambika,

Thanks for your kind words. They show that you are indeed a 'total quality person'. Coming from a writer of your merit, it is huge praise for me. Thanks especially for sharing the life of Karuna with us. Her determination to substitute 'meditation for medication' really impressed me and my husband. And we decided to follow suit too. With a sister like Karuna, you are always a winner.

affectionately
    Vidya

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Thank you for the congrats. All my three models (one if yourself) are remarkable ladies who lived strong lives. If I can learn some of your spirit and apply it in my life and maybe pass it on to the next generation, we all would be blessed.

affectionately
    Vidya

9. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Congrats!!!

U GO GIRL!!!!!

u deserve it Vidhya!!! Hearty Congrats & wishes for keep inspiring everyone with ur talent & nature..

Great work all contestants!! I have read & moved by everyone of them.. Its so touching to get to know all the wonderful people who have inspired you in daily walks of life..

Have a great day & Congrats again Vidhya!!

:)

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Thanks a million again for appreciating my work. When I sent my first entry on Mrs Chithra, I wanted it to be non-competitive for many reasons. But when I wrote about Ammami and received your response, I felt like a winner already. I felt that more than actually winning the contest (which is very satisfactory and motivating), it is nice to write about the women who have done so much for me. Thanks for giving me that feeling.

Thanks again Kamla

love
    Vidya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.