Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

who am I?

Hai Vatsi,
    welcome to the Indusladies. I am sure thatyou will find the site very inteactive. You will feel that you have a brood of women, friends, sisters, cousins, however you fell, to help you in many ways. So welcome once again and enjoy good company.
    You must be enjoying your daughter well now, she should be playing well and all. Take care of her well and also yourself.
    All the best,
    varloo

2. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Who am I? (Sounds like Ramana Maharishi's quote na?)

Who am I?

Philosophically if I think and write, then I know I will immediately be driven out of this board so biological facts about me, I give..

Me, Sushi to many, even to my sons but officially Sushila Krishnamoorthy..nana ..it is Mrs. S.K.Moorthi, in my service book.. As my hubby, who is retired couple of months back, also worked in the same office (someone raising their eyebrows...yes that is a different story full of masala, one day to be revealed by me) I am known as 'penn moorthi' and he, 'aan moorthi'.

Aged biologically 57 but mentally getting younger day by day, me can be termed both as the queen and slave of my family..Have two sons, both into software, both married of their own choice, have given me two daughters who really go all the way to make me happier.. Now, dont get bored by this Cindrella story, all ends well, happy scene.. We have our own fights as me and my hubby believe in the dictum 'a quarrel a day keeps the divorce at bay'.

Me, presently holding the post of Dy General Manager, in a Indian PSU at Chennai but have served in all the metros. Have done my graduation with phychology as my major and also done my PGDIM in International business from IIFT, New Delhi. Will be getting my Masters degree on 30th November, 2005 from Madras University in Public Administration. Intending to do another Masters in Psychology so that me and my Daughter in Law who is doing her doctorate in clinical psychology can start a Counselling Centre for the deprived ones after my retirement.

My hobbies?? First and foremost is dreaming and write those dreams into small articles to the magazines..some get published some dont, but who cares?
    Had been interoffice chess , carrom and table tennis champion but still i play those games.

Lookwise, me a round ball, but quite active.

Whatelse > you ask me and I tell you > Finally, i feel, as you grow older, your life becomes more interesting particularly in case of females.

cheers,

sushi

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Wow

Dear Sushi(penn Moorthi)

I simply loved reading about you..Your quest for knowledge and your wanting to join hands with your DIL amazed me..only very few MILs can relate so well with their DILs.

Like you,me and my husband too worked in the same bank(now I have quit,he still works there) and he was my boss at one time(before marriage...ofcourse) [​IMG]

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

cheers

4. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hi all

Hi all even though i have been a regular visitor to this site,i have written about myself in this who am i section!!so here some small info about me.I am Vidhya,living in the U.S with my hubby who is a SE with HP.We live in sunnyvale CA.I am interested in reading,music and all kinds of art forms like painting,embroidery,clay modelling etc...i have been married for 2&1/2 yrs now and enjoying my time with my hubby!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  5. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Hai..Varalotti,

Now you understand why you are the sole male member in this 'female kingdom'..puzzled? I am quoting only the last part of your write up vis-a-viz

"‘sridhar, you write like a woman.’ Coming from a woman and that too a writer, to me it was like winning the Booker Prize"

Jokes apart, Mr. kanakkupillai, I have read your stories and they are awesome though I dont agree with all your views..and thanks for introducing this wonderful site to me..

May your tribe increase in this female kingdom.

sushi

6. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

that was a red carpet welcome Sunitha

Dear Sunitha,

That was a real welcome for me, Sunitha and nice to know that yours is also 'marriages are made in office' sort..and regarding who is the boss now, noone wants anymore explanation, I suppose.:clap

Secondly, about me joining hands with my DIL, may be it is the other way na?
    Aparna Rajesh nee Mukherjee (yes that one is from Bengal) is inspiring me to take up something so that I will be totally occupied after my retirement. Sunitha, I always feel ..MIL - DIL relationship is something of give and take nature and who gives or who takes does not matter at all. Still I cherish the memory of Aparna getting her lucky pencil (2" one) for my MA exam and Meenu, my other one going to Temple and praying for my completing the paper in time (see I am getting old and obese, and does not even fit in the desk provided in the examination hall)..My writing the exam papers have become a joke in the whole house..I will write about it in a different thread.

Tell me about yourself and how do you spend your time with your child/children.

love
    sushi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

you are too lucky!

Dear Sushi

I am 32 yrs old and have a son who is 3 yrs old.I majored in Physics at college and almost a yr after college( in 1995),I joined Citibank,Chennai.I met my husband there and we were married in 2000.Life has been good to me till now,I would say.

All my life,I have been in Chennai,even though I am a Keralite and my mother tongue is Malayalam.My parents are in Chennai and my only elder sister is also in Chennai ,she has a 5 yr old son.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  8. Rita_D5

Rita_D5 New IL'ite

About me

I am Rita, born / brought up in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City>. I am the most pampered child in a family of 3 elder brothers and 1 younger sister. My mother is my idol and she has always been a great support to me. My mom is from Mangalore, my dad was from <st1:City><st1:place>Madras</st1:place></st1:City>, so basically at home we use to communicate in English or Hindi.

I am commerce graduate &holding a diploma in Computer Software/Hardware. I always been an working lady (rather I say an office going lady) after my graduation in 1992 and though I come from an affluent business family, I am still proud to say my first job was a for a mere Rs.300 / pm but it was the Job I love (a teaching job). However later to keep abreast with my qualification I worked as an EDP in-charge and a programmer for a reputed Estate company, where beyond doubt I had my best time as though it was a stressful job I was working with the most loving colleague I ever had (most of whom are my closet friend).
    I moved to Dubai , after my marriage in 1998 and having a 3 year old daughter. <st1:City><st1:place>Dubai</st1:place></st1:City> no doubt is good place to live, where the majority expats are Indian but the charm of <st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City> is missed especially I miss my friends. It’s been 7 years in <st1:City><st1:place>Dubai</st1:place></st1:City> but good friends are hard to find. I value good friendship and always try to treasure its importance. Whenever I am down on vacation to <st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City>, I make sure I catch up will all my old friends.
    I love traveling and even in College / School day never use to miss a trip. Now though my present job demands traveling, I have not taken it up in my profile as it was always on top of my mind that after marriage though I will continue to work I will always dedicate quality time to my family, and so took up a job which is not stressful (working as a Sales / Marketing Coordinator in the Toys line) and so I am satisfied even with a small achievement, as I get enough time for my family.
    I came across Indusladies by their introduction mail, I was annoyed at first “oh not another invitation from another website, but strangely I joined it as a member in Aug 2005” and now I don’t deny the fact that - I thoroughly enjoy visiting this site and happy to be part of this huge family. My best wishes to all of you.
    Luv Rita

9. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

I, Me, Myself

Hello Everybody

To Introduce Myself, I am Lakshmi Vinoth, 29 years old, married and an expecting mom (Soon will have a new member in my family). Me and my husband are settled in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dubai</st1:place></st1:City>, UAE for the last 3 years. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dubai</st1:place></st1:City> has been a wonderful and a lucky place for me. All I hate about <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Dubai</st1:City></st1:place> is the weather and climate.

I am a career oriented woman. But I also give equal importance to my home as well. I believe that every woman has to work in order to sharpen their skills and understand the world in a different way. Here, I have been working as a HR Consultant with a reputed agency. Currently, I am on a long maternity leave and I am eagerly waiting for my cute little angel who will give a new meaning for my life.

Regarding my hobbies, I love cooking, making new friends, listening to music, watching movies…etc. I am very happy to know about Indus Ladies site and it’s been very helpful by all means. It’s a wonderful site where I am able to share any valuable information, ideas, views etc. It’s a great pleasure to interact with members who are settled in different parts of the world.

I honestly thank you for taking some time to read what I have mentioned about myself. :wave

Regards

Lakshmi Vinoth

10. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

teaching in usa

hey neeti
    i m sonia.new to this sight.i just read ur intro.u were telling abt h4 status and then u said u r persuing teaching here.i was also tr in india but as i m on h4,i m getting bore all d time at home.can u help me in this matter by telling how u r doing tg. here.
    thanx n rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.