1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

waiting for the next episode BB

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-34

Srikanth

I was discharged in two days but with a arm and leg being fractured, there was not much I could do on my own. I had to give up my bedroom in first floor to a room in ground floor and started using a wheel chair which dad used during his accident time. Sriram stayed with me in my room to assist me. Sameer gave me approval for working from home , though I found it difficult to work, it made me stay sane.

Dev dropped in as often as possible. Dev was furious about Harini as she was trying to get her father out and stopped talking about her. I was confused at her behavior but she constantly filled my thoughts. I attempted to contact her by calling and texting her and as she didn’t respond I decided to give her a break.

It was an evening when Dev came home along with Sameer and Rajib. Dad has returned from an overseas trip that morning.

‘Srikanth..ORK actually supported you today..’ Sameer said gleefully.

‘When did that happen?’ Dev asked.‘Today Padmini dropped in when I was in ORK’s cabin and asked why were you given work from home for a long period for which ORK gave her back and supported you…’ Sameer replied.

‘That’s it?’ I asked.

‘Yeah..he later told though he doesn’t consider you capable but supported you as he can’t stand Padmini..’Sameer replied and we all laughed.

‘Padmini is trying to incriminate me as well..She sent me a memo stating she came to know I’m in singing contract and as per office rules I’m not supposed to have dual income wherein I reality I didn’t get any income.’Dev said.

‘She is keen on getting us..let’s see how far she goes..’ I laughed. That moment none of us imagined Padmini will do something ripples of which would have a huge impact on our lives.

‘What are you looking at?’ I asked Sameer who was gazing outside and appeared stunned.

‘Was it your dad who opened the car door?’ Sammer asked unable to believe what he has seen.

I craned to see Priya alighting from car. ‘Yeah he opens the door for her always..’ I said.

We started discussing work related things. Rajib and Dev were on a high as their team managed to get a huge deal. Housekeeper served us tea and snacks.

‘This is the best tea I ever had..i’m tempted to steal your cook for that.’ Sameer said.

‘Glad you liked my tea, sameer.’ Dad came into the room. Apart from me everybody else stood up.

‘Oh no..sit sit I wouldn’t have barged if I hadn’t heard the compliments about my tea. How is your boy Sameer? No cold wars off late with ORK?’ he asked.

‘Boy is fine..giving us sleepless nights..’ Sameer said.

‘True but as they say with a kid days are longer and years are shorter.. Great news on the deal Rajib. Ajitha is full of praises about you and Dev.’ Dad said.

Rajib and Dev laughed. As I struggled to eat the snacks in left hand, dad fed me.

‘First time I’m seeing both of you together since the day you found Srikanth was doing summers at Evolution.’ Rajib said.

Dad laughed. ‘True..who would have thought he would continue to work in Evolution and struggle at things..’

‘He’s happy at work as far as I know..’ Sameer said.

‘Well I didn’t refer that..’ dad said and went to his office room.

‘He is referring about Harini is it? Did she contact you?’ Dev asked. I struggled to answer Dev as she hasn’t contacted me.

It was almost two months since the dreaded incident. According to doctors I was healing well and if all was well I should be go to office in a week. That was a Sunday and Sriram was home. Dad summoned us to office room where Priya was waiting too.

‘I want to discuss my will today and this is the latest copy of the same.’ He projected the document in screen.

‘What is the hurry dad? Why do you want to discuss this now?’ Sriram asked.

‘Why is the hesitancy in discussing the will? I’m a chain smoker in stressful job who knows what would happen. Another few years you might get married , so will would safeguard..’

‘I’m sure neither Harini nor Meera is going to fight for the property…’ I said to be faced with curious look from all three of them.

‘Harini? Don’t tell me you are thinking about her still..’ Sriram said it loud.

‘I do..’ I said firmly.

‘Get a grip Srikanth..Her father injured you severely and she wanted you withdraw the case against him..She doesn’t have ounce of feeling of what you have for her…’ Sriram said annoyingly.

‘Meera did lot of emotional blackmails and you waited for her patiently…why are you advising your brother against it..’ Priya asked and this stopped Sriram on tracks.

‘Meera loves me..’

‘Same with Harini..’ I said.

‘Neither she told you nor her actions conveys that..look Srikanth I don’t want you to have another break up…’ Sriram explained calmly.

‘Harini’s mother spoke to me last week. Only few days before that she came to know Harini has a thing for Srikanth …’

‘If that’s the thing why she never opened up to him?Why she blindly defends her father?’ Sriram went on. Dad was watching this without any hint of emotion.

‘When such a huge economic difference exist anyone would think..At this age I thought for several months before committing to you dad..’ Priya explained.

‘But she doesn’t care for him..dad why are you silent?’ Sriram asked.

‘I suffered a loveless marriage and it impacted you as well. If Srikanth feels Harini is the love of his life, he will marry her ..end of story….’

Sriram started to say something.. ‘You mean you approve Harini….’ I asked.

‘Ofcourse yes..I don’t know why was this a question. But don’t expect me to entertain her father…’ he chuckled.

‘Time to announce that Harini’s mother has filed for divorce. I arranged the lawyer..’ Priya said.

I could see Sriram was still unconvinced. But with dad and Priya supporting it, I could move mountains. Only nag in this entire thing is Harini, though Priya assures me I’m not even sure where I stand with her.

Sweetynila, Adharv, Bhoonzee and 8 others like this.
  3. blackbeauty84

Right there is no justice for her actions

4. blackbeauty84

That's right..her actions are not justifiable..Let's hear her version..Thanks for the feedback.

5. blackbeauty84

Yup Harini is completely in a fix and this break will do her good. Thanks for the feedback

6. blackbeauty84

Thanks for re-reading the story means a lot to me..Things have to fall apart before falling in a place..good days will follow soon.

7. blackbeauty84

:) :) yeah he is not an action hero just a lover boy. I can assure you Jai will be sound and safe...I badly want to know the secret of getting rich in single song..

Thanks for the lively comments Adharv

Adharv likes this.
  8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

BB dear
    Again and again you stunn us. You judged jai as I thought and he really cares for his sons happiness. Please tell me as whether the story is going to end soon. You also hinted abt padmini. What's in stock us to imagine next. Harini...., she shd have defended for father for the reason that her mother shd not suffer because of him in future.please give those romantic moments between sri and hari pls.

9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Waiting for Harini's version.

She needs to clear her mind

10. blackbeauty84

Thanks Aarthi..Glad you guessed it right about Jai. How can he chose anything else above his son's happiness.Story will end in another 5-6 chapters. Reg Padmini...yeah she will do the unimaginable.