1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

2. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

Liked the way Harini expressed her state.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah yeah

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Deepika.Glad you liked her way.

5. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Pch..Wish we could erase the fin.diff easily :facepalm:
    Cool update BB ma'am :clap2::clap2: Waiting for the family day :cheer:hope there are lot of surprises :beer-toast1:
    thank you. Look forward to read the next update.

6. blackbeauty84

Chapter-26

Srikanth

My time was very busy with client in Toronto. We were a team of nearly ten from Evolution and it was the first project I involved from scratch. Lots of meetings, notes and ORK was hell bent on finding fault with anything me and Sameer sent across. We used to come back to the serviced apartment, cook dinner and crash. I barely had time for anything else.

Three weeks later Dev and Rajib arrived.The night Dev and Rajib arrived , we just went to bed by 11 and I was woken up by twelve to celebrate my birthday.

‘Bless your brother. He delivered this cake to us in airport along with snacks for us for the air journey. We got addicted to cup cakes.’ Rajib said.

‘Make a birthday wish.’ Someone shouted when I was about to cut the cake.

‘Birthday treat tomorrow..’ the team asked me.

‘Tomorrow Ajitha has invited us for dinner.’ A delivery manager told us. Ajitha is the chief of marketing in Evolution and Rajib was reporting to her.

Once everyone left Sameer and Rajib came to our room and looked like Dev was expecting them.

‘Sriram told every birthday you both used to drink and talk the night. So why don’t we continue the tradition. ‘ Dev winked. Silently they brought the drinks, snacks and we settled comfortably in the floor.

‘Reminds you of drinking session with Harini is it?’ Dev asked. Sameer asked about the story and Dev had great time narrating it. Rajib caught the essence of being caught by dad, but till now Sameer doesn’t know about dad.

‘Anyways she said no when I asked her out..’ I said aloud.

‘I guess not..she is madly in love with you.’ Dev said and told us about the talk he had with her.

I was interrupted by a call from dad. Other’s have spoken to me earlier.

‘Happy Birthday Srikanth. Did I wake you up?’ he asked.

‘No I’m wide awake..chatting with friends..’ I said.

‘Not exactly..we are boozing.’ Sameer shouted.

‘Oh following your birthday tradition is it?’ dad asked teasingly. ‘Stay in limit.Enjoy the day.’ Dad said.

‘Thanks for that Sameer.’ I said.

‘He gave you an earful? ’Sameer asked.

I got another call and this was from Harini in whatsapp. While I was speaking to her Sameer was discussing something with Dev in a low voice. Harini told me Dev messaged her regarding my birthday.

‘Srikanth you were blushing. Show me the girl when we get back.’Sameer said.

Sameer and Dev crashed out soon.

‘Srikanth, for the girl to understand you, you must introduce her to your family and prove that your family doesn’t care two hoots about the financial background. Things will become easy for you if the girl knows about Priya and your dad.’ He remarked.

May be that’s what I should. I haven’t cleared air with dad regarding Harini.

Dev and Rajib were working like maniacs. Since this was Dev’s first conference he poured his soul into the work. Me & Sameer had very little role in the conference as we came here for another client but we sat up the nights helping our friends.

The day on the conference I found Dev has identical color suit like mine and we got snapped together by Sameer. I never thought that would be the photograph I would treasure forever.

I stayed in Toronto for nearly one and half months and I was handling the client single handedly as everyone went back. Even Sameer rushed back as its delivery time for his wife. I reached home by 3.00 am and ORK wanted me to attend a meeting at 10.00. I struggled a lot to come down for breakfast even.

‘Even if you sleep in meeting room, don’t snore.’ Sriram laughed. Sriram was back to his energetic self. Some how Meera’s father and brother convinced her to go for counseling and that’s some start.

‘Srikanth anna…Have you got what I asked?’ Vivaan came running to me. Many times he behaves like a matured boy but there are traces of child still in him.

‘Well I hope you didn’t especially if it’s chocolates..’ Priya said and Vivaan started arguing with her. It was good to be home.

‘Heard client was impressed with you. Sagar forwarded me the appreciation client has sent. Conference was a success too. Your friend Dev impressed many, boy would go places I’m told,’ Dad updated me.

After two rounds of coffee, I was wide awake. I went along with dad and got down two streets before office. I was excited to ..meet Harini with whom I couldn’t correspond much during my time in Toronto.

Sweetynila, periamma, Adharv and 6 others like this.
  7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Short and sweet update...Waiting to see Harini's reaction on Srikanth's return aswell as his dad

8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Ahhh..Now both will share things because gap might have created clarity about lives and Dev gave a crystal clear solution for their problem!

BB you rock , as always!

9. blackbeauty84

Yes yes that's the next episode about :)

10. blackbeauty84

Yes many a times it's the distance that sharpens love. Let's see the case for Harini. Rajib suggested a good solution, hope srikanth implements it.