Where do you think you waste money a lot??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by spuppala, Dec 4, 2011.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Oh dear me.....many of us in the same boat just spending differently.

I love moisturising lotions. Whenever I see a nice tempting brand, I just buy it. After a small collection, I then realise that I should have not purchased so many and then I try to use up all the existing ones.......Sadly I get back to square one and start buying all over again!!!

Yes, also a couple of times, I end up buying kurtis which really looked attractive in the store (and even in the trial room on me)....but then I end up not wearing them.

We do feel guilty when we realise that we have spent foolishly, am trying hard not to spend on unwanted items...but as they say Habits Die Hard!!!

2. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

Good thread!! Made me think on what do I waste.

I waste mostly when I take my DD for shopping. I take clothes for her too many. I know this, but still I can't stop doing it. Earlier I used to buy toys as well, but somehow got over that habit. This is something that appears to be difficult to get rid off. I shop for myself very very less, but for DD it became weakness. :-( Got some inspiration, and try to keep it to minimum.

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Right ars..Even my DH waste lot of money here..Whenever we plan to go for a movie even if that is dinner time he refuses to eat.Later he feels hungry and rely on fries only to put hole to his pocket and heart..
    I always carry an apple in my bag to avoid such incidents..
    We can save money ..

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Oh yeah even my bro does this..He buys all types of hair gels only to fill our dressing table..Later my mom calls us to find out the expired ones and throw in dust bin..I feel its good to buy whenever a bottle gets completed...

Hmmm...don't tell me about shopping..I have a very encouraging partner in this regard :)I have got spoiled more after marriage due to this encouragement for shopping..Am trying to control it..Keeping a schedule for this helps..Now am only attempting to buy clothes once in a month..Once the quota for th emonth is over I hardly buy anything..Wish me good luck:)

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Bhavani dear..

Even i used to buy lot of cookery books earlier..but hardly used them..I guess the best bet is to serach recipes online..instead of piling them up without using..I know the pleasure of reading it in a book..But anyhow its not a novel or so ..we can just read it online :)

I have so much craze for tiny items like talcum powders,creams etc.they look very bubbly and pretty..I buy them thinking to use them in travel..but don't find them whenever I travel ;)

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Oh...Confession Time ppl...Good thread to confess my Shopping Mistakes

I have been a big time spend thrift after my US visit(Did somebody say they would love to shop in dollar tree...well i am your partner in Crime...Have shopped for more than 100 $ in a month in Dollar Tree)...Same continues here in Bangalore too...

I shop for dresses...Anything nice and attractive its on my cart(Good that i dont buy too expensive ones..But still its unnecessary at the EOD)
    earrings...Enough is not enough at all for me...
    bags, I just love them and cannot live without bags for all occassions
    Books for DS(I woulddnt say its a Bad habit coz spending on Books is always good). I can proudly say that i inherit this quality from my Dad
    and decorative show piece items for home(Like cushion covers, Foto Frames, flower Vases)

And not to forget i am big time Foodie...So would love to experiment with Foods and restaurants

Happily,
    Bee

7. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hey kiran,
    ;)
    Welcome to the thread dear..

Hhmm...this is a big crime then ;) Also the clothes kids wear at this stage won't be useful for a longer time as they grow very fast..We need to take care or the kid will expect a new frock every time you go out !!

I hope this thread makes a place in your mind and prick you whenever you feel like buying :)

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Brahan,

Welcome to the thread ya!

Yeah even we find it hard to avoid buying things in Pound land here..Somehow I am controlling my DH ..

Investing much on clothes is not a good idea..Whenever you feel like buying clothes..rush to a gold shop and buy whatever you can with the money you have..in fact thats a intelligent idea to avoid shopping clothes..They yield nothing after few months..

Hmm..also try to choose the accessories with common colours so that they suit to all occasions and dresses..

Investing on books is not a bad idea dear..It promotes healthy habits in kids..Keep going!

Hmm...eating outside food should be minimised at least to twice a month..This way you can save the money that is to be spent on visiting the doctor!!

9. prathibhahp

prathibhahp Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies,

What a nice thread to confess. :) Yeah, I have a over-the-top weakness for Bath and Body works products here in USA. I buy lot of stuff like body lotions, body butter, body cream, body wash, hand cream, hand soap, candles, lip balms and stuff. And irony is I hardly use 1 tube of each over the span of 1 year. At any point in time, I have a stock of 20-25 of these.. I mostly buy them when they have a sale. Like Buy 3 get 3 free.. And its so tempting to shop there often.

The second weakness is eating out. We (my husband and I) eat out a lot, atleast 2 times in a week. Sometimes more than 2 times. And we go to a proper dinner restaurant. This is harming us in terms of monetary health as well as physical health.

Any tips of avoiding this?

10. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

love this confession thread!!!!
    :)
    so belong here ... lol
    toddler kids clothes and books ...big time weakness!!! :)

i manage the kitchen and veggies by planning the weekly menu way ahead and put sticky notes on the fridge.
    my fridge inventory is well maintained as my Dh so believes that 'no food is to be wasted'...
    planning weekly menu does save lots time too...the trick works ladies :)