1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

The story is going good, BB. Just read the last two chapters.
    The forthcoming housewarming and Srikanth's secret are very interesting developments. Not only the lead characters but the boys are also portrayed as well matured. People like Meena are a mandate in everyone's relative circle it seems, practical flow of events!

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the feedback Rajeni..Yes there will be Meena's around.

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

BB,

Knock knock any more episode for us please ??

--PS

aswathyk likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

sorry Peddadas. Couldn't update due to tight work schedule. Will post next week.

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-6

That day Priya was sitting in dining table concentrating on the cake she was preparing for Meera’s birthday. Meera was daughter of chairman’s of The Evolution, where Jai was a part of. Company’s chairman, Venkat was a good friend of Jai for many years. He supported and helped Jai with his marriage to Priya. This drew Priya close to the family and she started visiting them often. Venkat who had to remain in home majority of time due to his health condition, liked her presence. Priya hit off with his wife too.

‘Is this the cake design you are working on? Very impressive! This is the first time I’m seeing something other than normal ones..’ Sriram said admiringly looking at her design in paper.

‘You like it? Thought of this as Meera loves books. Anyways what are you gifting her?’ Priya knew Sriram had feelings for Meera and Vice versa.

‘Nothing major. Gifting her twenty items as it’s her twentieth birthday. Some love notes, I have burned music CDs with albums she loves, flowers, chocolates, her favorite book, …small things she actually loves.’

‘Wow..sounds impressive. Hope she likes it.’

‘I’m sure she will. I know her taste. By the way ,we will go together for party. Dad will not be joining us right?’

‘I don’t think he will join..’

Vivaan who just completed breakfast refused to go to tennis coaching unless his dad dropped him. Jai reached home only at early hours that day, was still in bed. She tried reasoning out with him and eventually gave up. Off late, Vivaan was becoming very clingy to Jai. At the beginning Priya thought that initial euphoria will fade out but it has been around eight months now.

While Sriram remained in his room and Vivaan went to play with his friends, Priya busied herself in the cake making. She was delighted at her own progress. Jai enveloped her with a hug from behind and a sudden kiss in fore-head.

‘You startled me Jai….You think you are twenty years old Jai?’

‘I will always be young to kiss my wife….’ He winked at Priya. ‘This smell is intoxicating Priya and that’s an impressive design.’ Jai said referring to the cake she was baking.

Housekeeper brought him the breakfast and while Jai was relishing it, he was greeted by a screeching voice ‘Daddy’

‘When did you come? I was waiting for you to do the volcano model. I have to submit this week for science project.’

Priya found it amusing to find Jai struggling to give Vivaan a proper response. He looked at Priya for guidance.

‘What were you doing last two days Vivaan? I asked you whether you have any home work?’ Priya nudged him

‘I was waiting for dad.…’ Vivaan replied.

‘Vivaan I know you like to do project with me. I would love that too. But I have many things to attend today. Now be a responsible boy and find out what needs to be done for the project. Start making the model and I will sit with you later..’

It took Jai considerable efforts to explain Vivaan that he is not available to sit for project right away. When Vivaan rushed to make calls to his friends regarding the science project

‘Your pep talk worked finally. ’ she laughed at Jai.

‘Volcano model..long since I worked on science projects’.He laughed.‘I know this is a weekend but I have a packed day ahead. I’m pushing all the unit heads for on-time delivery , so lot of tracking, review meetings… I’m planning on taking a week off next month so that we can do house warming and settle in new house’ Jai continued

‘Jai.. Regarding house warming I wanted to talk’

‘ Yes Srikanth updated me last week.. What were you thinking Priya? Why did you need to put up with such behaviors?’ Jai pulled up a chair next to Priya and looked at her.

‘No Jai you were just getting back with family, I didn’t want to spoil things, and moreover I’m not sure what you can do from your end.’

‘Priya I cannot tolerate anyone disrespecting you. Leave it to me.I’ll handle it. I know what will make people shut…’ Jai’s anger was very visible. ‘Tell me something Priya..How is chairman’s family with you?’

‘Not them Jai…They are one of the people who look at a person as they are…” she replied.

‘That’s a relief, so enjoy the party tonight. Convey my birthday wishes to Meera. Chairman knows that I have a business dinner to attend. I have asked my team to come here for review meeting, they should be here anytime soon.’ Jai told Priya who was engrossed in making a design in the cake.

After getting that cake ready and saw to that it was picked up on time,Priya spent sometime with Vivaan on his science project. Sriram pushed her to get ready fast…’Come on Priya. I can’t be late to Meera’s birthday..’

When they finally reached chairman’s house , chairman and his wife were standing in lawn. He looked significantly better which was comforting to Priya.

‘Hello Mr. Venkat’ Priya greeted him cheerfully while Sriram was parking the car.

‘Call me Venkat.Mr sounds old. You look stunning, Priya’ he replied

Chairman’s wife joined him ‘ such a beautiful saree Priya. Cake looks fantastic and I think you should really start this as business.’

When Venkat saw a car entering his house, he turned and asked his wife

‘You invited your cousin? What were you thinking?’

Chairman’s wife responded ‘I completely forgot…’

Priya stood there waiting for Sriram wondering what the couple was upset about.

Arunarc, ritz1, curiousgals78 and 4 others like this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

haaaa .. a nice one..with a speed breaker...

--PS

7. blackbeauty84

Thank you Peddadas :)

8. blackbeauty84

Chapter-7

Sriram made a short talk to Venkat and proceeded inside the house to meet Meera. Priya was on call with someone and it appeared to her that Venkat was waiting to talk to her.

‘Priya, there is a mistake. My wife had invited her cousin Shiela to the party. You know about her right?’ Chairman was referring to Jai dating Shiela for a short period.

‘Of course I know. But why is it a problem? You thought I’m going to pick a fight with her is it?

Venkat laughed and said ‘No. I didn’t expect you to.’

‘Don’t worry about me. I can handle it.’

‘Sit down Priya, need to talk few things with you.’ Venkat said pointing to chairs in the lawn.

‘I guess you are making sure that Shiela doesn’t clash with me.. .’ Priya asked him.

‘No wonder Jai is crazy about you. You are just like him..pretty sharp’ chairman laughed.

‘Is he? That’s good to hear.’

‘As if you don’t know about it..He has taken so many employees friendly decisions which I believe are because of your insights.’ Chairman told her looking at her face.

‘Is it? I never knew that he took some actions based on it.’ Priya was surprised. Sometime back she had talked to Jai regarding the frustrations that junior and mid level employees felt. Though Jai listened to her attentively, she didn’t expect him to take quick actions.

‘Yes, ask him about it. We might have to get in to the party soon. I want to talk to you about two things. First, I know you are trying to get back to job market. There is a position open in my start-up which might really suit you. If you are interested mail me your details, I will put you in touch with the HR.’ chairman said.

‘That’s really kind of you. I’ll drop you the details.’

‘You really had an impressive record in Evolution. I checked your details sometime back..’ chairman said taking a deep breath.

‘So you weren’t actually resting these days..’ Priya lifted her eye brows.

Chairman laughed and said ,’ No I checked your details before your marriage…I started working from home for couple of hours a day. There are few things that I have to attend to.’

Priya waited as she had a feeling chairman was trying to convey her something more.’I do a random check about Jai and things related to him time to time, just to safeguard him…’

‘I thought he is capable of handling himself..’ Priya chuckled.

‘ He is capable of doing many things right from winning several billion dollar deals for the company till winning youth icon award in industry. But I do know Jai for years now and know where he misses out…’

‘ Where does he miss?’ she asked with interest.

‘Quite keen on knowing about your husband is it? He doesn’t miss anything in professional life. He misses at time when his personal life mixes with professional life. You remember Mithun?’ chairman asked her.

‘Yes of-course. He was one of the ex director in Evolution and Jai’s ex wife had an…’

‘yeah she had an affair with him. Jai called me around that time and told me he is quitting. He explained everything and told me that he didn’t want to see Mithun again. I convinced Jai to stay and made Mithun quit. Mithun couldn’t digest this. He was looking for something to point fingers at Jai. Good news is he is yet to find something to incriminate Jai. Bad news is that he is back in India.’

‘He is just settling in India right? Jai used to say he just had personal vengeance and nothing against the company.’

‘Yeah but I would be equally worried if Mithun gets back to him even personally. I have a bad feeling about Mithun.’

Housekeeper came around and said they are ready for cake cutting. While they were going inside Priya asked him ‘You said you want to talk to me about couple of things…’

‘Yeah second thing is Srikanth called me and I know what he is hiding from Jai’ chairman winked. Priya felt assured.

While everyone was admiring the cake that Priya baked and while Sriram’s & Meera’s eyes were speaking silently, Priya was digesting what chairman said about Mithun.

Hope it just remains as bad feeling ,her mind kept saying.

Arunarc, Deepu04, aswathyk and 3 others like this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

BB,

This is an absolute matured family talk..Very impressive..How well educated and well mannered everyone is ..Definitely have to learn some morale values from them ..:)

Good One BB. Keep Writing..

--PS

10. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Hi BB read your previous story too. Both the stories are awesome . The sequences are fresh and keeps one hooked to the story:clap2: