1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-4

Jai spent that night on a conference call and then flew away to Mumbai next morning, giving Priya no time to talk. Priya lost herself in thinking how it started.

It was in the initial month of their married life, Jai and Priya were invited for lunch by Jai’s brother. His brother was an ophthalmologist and he missed Jai’s wedding as he was out of country attending a conference.

‘Congrats Jai, Hello Priya, I’m Vijay. I knew I should have been the person conducting the wedding but this guy just gave me five days’s notice and this conference was planned months ago. ‘ Jai’s brother told her introducing himself

Jai had spoken lot about his brother to Priya. Jai was ten years younger than his brother. Jai’s parents passed away when he was still in teens. It was Jai’s brother who stepped in the big shoes of his parents and molded Jai.

‘Though he talks seriously, he is quite funny actually.’ Jai added to Priya and asked his brother ‘Where is Anni?’

‘She has gone to temple should be back now.’

Jai’s brother Vijay was practicing in Chennai and Coimbatore. Srikanth and Sriram visited him often in Coimbatore. Jai’s first marriage was an arranged match finalized by Vijay. Jai kept him in dark about his marital problems. It was when he decided to split up with his wife Aarthi his brother came to knew of the problems. It came as a huge shock to his brother. He felt very guilty and constantly worried about Jai. When he learnt Jai filed for divorce, he asked Jai to consider for remarriage. This didn’t go well with Jai who wasn’t considering getting married again. He got relaxed when he knew Jai was dating actress Shiela.

‘ I got my best suit ready as you were going around with the actress and you spoiled my dreams. You knew about that Priya?’ Vijay asked teasingly.

‘Yeah that was public knowledge right? I guess that’s the reason house staff are angry with me that I spoiled their chance of meeting the actress..’ Priya and Vijay started laughing.

‘That was set up by our chairman…’ Jai tried to explain amidst their laugh

‘That must be for the first time, how about all the subsequent dates?That was the period I saw you in Page 3, Jai’.

Meanwhile Jai went to attend the call, Vijay was talking with Priya recollecting various childhood incidents of Jai. When Vijay’s wife entered the room she saw an elegantly dressed woman sitting in the hall. Priya looked younger than she imagined.

‘Meena this is Priya, Meet my wife Priya’ Vijay introduced his wife.’ Meena , why don’t you show Priya around the house’.

‘oh yes, come along Priya’,’ So what’s the age difference between you and Jai?’ was the first question she asked Priya when they were alone.

‘Around fourteen years..’

‘So what made you go for Jai?’ she asked in a sarcastic tone.

‘What do you mean?’ Priya responded slightly annoyed

‘As if you don’t understand..There is a word for likes of you ‘Gold-digger’.

IniyaaSri, Arunarc, ritz1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

nice update but too short :fearscream: So meena doesn't like Priya???

Short ah irundhalum cute one ma'am....waiting for next update.

3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

hmm twist coming from another unexpected corner..

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks...Yes let's see about it - why Meena doesn't like

5. blackbeauty84

All starts with family first...

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh this is one more twist.. meena is a different character ... Will wait to see what s gonna happen...
    PS

7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

oh that's a flashback which priya wud have handled in a matured way.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. blackbeauty84

Chapter-5

Srikanth

My sleep was disturbed by a text message from my brother ‘look at this’; He had sent a link , opening which I landed in a page which rated dad as most influential leader in Industry. Sriram used to tease that I hero worship dad, but he is becoming worse. I replied to Sriram and sent a message congratulating dad, my room mate threw his pillow on me.

‘If you disturb me by any more noises, I’ll throw your mobile out of window’. He shouted at me and went back to sleep. I don’t blame him weekends are the time we catch the bare minimal hours of sleep.

By the time I was about to start for tea there were two messages from Shruthi. She is my girl friend and was my junior from engineering college. We had a rocky relationship in the beginning; it became smooth once Priya gave me her perspective of my relationship. But now ever since I came to here studies things are going down the spiral.

I know I have to call and talk to her. I mean not to Shruthi but to Priya, my step mother. Priya was our neighbor in the gated community. I’m glad that I forced dad to settle in Villa than his choice of 1BHK close to his office. If not he wouldn’t have met Priya despite working in same office. I’m very happy with Priya’s presence in his life. I used to worry about him being alone. I know normally parents worry about their children, but as dad used to point out we are far from normal.

In normal families you don’t call up dad and say you have fallen in love with someone or got suspended for a week but we did that. I remember my call to dad after my HOD was caught me smoking.

‘Dad HOD wants you to call him. Actually… I’m suspended for a week. He saw me smoking dad….that was my first cigarette’

After a moment of silence he told me, ‘ Did you like it? Srikanth it might appear cool, but once you become addicted to it you cannot leave that habit. I have been quite unsuccessful with that.’

‘I know dad..’

‘Anyways let me speak to your HOD and see what can be done.You are an adult, if you can smoke you should be able to handle problems comes with it.’

That’s dad. He puts the responsibility on you, makes you handle things

‘Hello Priya.’

‘Srikanth..Good to hear from you. Your dad is in Mumbai and both your brothers are sleeping. I was thinking about calling you.’

‘Tell me Priya. Your voice is not normal. Even yesterday when I saw you in skype I knew there’s something troubling you..’

Over last one and half years I have become very close with Priya, initially as a neighbour and now as step-mom. Months before she told me that Meena aunty called her as gold-digger and Priya retorted back! But Meena aunty gossiped badly about Priya and Priya gets to hear some embarrassing questions regarding her married life. She never let the relatives bully them and give it back to them then and there. Dad just started attending family functions and Priya didn’t want to bother him with these problems.

Now when dad wants to conduct house warming in large scale Priya was hesitating that she didn’t want to entertain these people.

‘I’m not sure why you are so worried Priya?If dad knows about it he will not even let someone say your name loud..’

‘I’m not worried. I’m just thinking why I should be the spoilsport when he has built house of his dreams and wanted to show it proudly to guests.’

I loved that Priya puts dad’s happiness before anything else. She is quite matured and I was sure she will handle this well.

‘Priya, I want to talk regarding couple of things..’

I told her about Shruthi and asked her what can be done. I know this is not a typical conversation one has with step-mum, but with Priya I can talk anything that’s in my mind.

‘We will talk it in length when you are here in person.’ She told me.

‘Priya listen I have lied to dad………. I have done something which I’m sure he wouldn’t approve of.’

When I told her what I have done she didn’t respond for few minutes and then told me ‘I think that’s a good decision. Yeah your dad will be mad at you, but he will be okay at the end.”

I just hope it turns out that way.

9. blackbeauty84

Yes keep reading. More twists in the way

10. blackbeauty84

Yes that's expected of priya