1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When The Lord Gives, He Pours

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

When the Lord Gives he Pours

I was amused to read about Mick Jagger the Rolling stone chap giving is expecting his 8th child, from his 4th relationship. He is 72.

His kids range from 17 to 45, And he is a great grandfather too. Two years back, his exwife gave birth, and also her daughter. Meaning mom and daughter both got kids almost the same time.

Great-grandfather Mick Jagger is expecting his eighth child

So now his eldest child of 45 will get a step sibling , this being the age difference. And Mick’s new wife is just 29, much younger than his earlier children.

This guy is very fertile, and I am sure a lot of childless couples in india must be envying Mick Jagger. Not for his fertility, but maybe for his ability to marry such young girls. But then when u have money, that is what attracts these kind.

A young woman married a rich old ugly man.When asked what she saw in that idiot, she said “ maine dekhe uska income, aur Din kum. Meaning I saw his income, and that he had less days to live, so she could stand to inherit a lot of money, which who knows she could use to live with a guy of her age, after the old man conks off.

Like Mick, in the olden days , couples used to produce babies by the dozen. Nothing less than 4 at least. 8 and above was not uncommon.But the difference was , all that was from one wife, not from 4. And there used to be a time sometimes, that the mother and the married daughter would be pregnant same time, and it would be pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Cost of living was cheaper. The kids went to same school, the uniform of the elder one was altered for the younger brother, the books would be given to him, also the shoe, underwear, I have no idea ! 60 percent was a cause for celebration, the son was an Einstein . And most deliveries done at home, with a Dai, in under a 100 bucks.Not like today where u now have packages for delivery, like 70,000 for 3 days stay normal delivery , 1 lakh for ceasarian , etc etc. And schools were for 5 bucks a month, not like 10,000 and above these days.

Since producing babies was cheap, schools cheap, a dozen kids sleeping on the floor in one room, under one fan.Hence the temptation to have this entertainment in the bedroom, whose by product was babies, I don’t blame there, there were no TV and computers and no other source of entertainment, hence this .

Today young couples have to think ten times before making a baby, for everything is expensive, schools, holidays, and higher education. Maybe Mick can afford with songs and royalties coming in thick and fast. But what happens when Mick will conk off. In how many parts will his estate be divided. I think the more babies and wives Mick acquires, the lesser inheritance will be for his previous wives and children.

If this was in india, the guy would have been murdered by the kids, for they would see their inheritance shrinking with every new marriage and wife coming in eh !

Who knows Mick may get triplets, like that auto chap that I blogged about last week ?

When the lord gives, he pours eh !!!!!

TEESRI MANZIL (TRIVIA)

I was watching Teesri Manzil on some channel a few days back, and some thoughts came to me about the cast.

Look at what happened after the movie got released.

1) In the movie, Salim Khan, the father of Salman Khan, plays the drummer friend of Shammi Kapoor. And Helen dances to a few songs. Well a few years later , Salim and Helen marry in real life.

2) RD Burman gave music and Asha Bhonsle sang all the female songs. They married a few years later

3) Salim The small time actor, was to soon become in a few years, along with Javed, one of the best writers of movies.

4) Salman was a year old, and later he was to become a top star.

Enough ?

HAHA

KAMAL MAHTANI

A married guys writes

It is only after marriage that I understood why the Bathroom is called the Restroom !!!

Friendship means

When u are happy, I am happy

When u are sad, I am sad,

When u laugh, I laugh,

You fall in mud, I take your photo, and post it on Facebook !!!!!!

Wife to drunk Husband

From now on,

If your lips touch liquor, they wull not touch my lips

Husband : Awwww

Wife – What are u thinking, answer me

Huaband – deciding

Wife – what ?

Husband –

18 year old scotch

Or

40 year LIPS

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Interesting snippet @Kamalji ....OMG, 72 year old husband and 29 year old wife.....It's really hard to understand few things in life. Love is blind, but sometimes money makes people blind to love anyone. May be there is no love at all in this couples marriage, only the money made her blind :)

3. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,
    Nice post. there is old saying in telugu (musalivadiki dasara pandaga) meaning old man gets a chance to enjoy.
    no more it is love is important to be in a marriage. it is changed to money is important for marriage.

the jokes are hilarious.

Attached Files:

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,

I read about Mick Jagger's expecting wife a few days ago. Little doubt that such marriages are property linked. Most of them I think. I am not sure though if the Michael Douglas -- Catherine Zeta Jones relationship had property behind it. They were both successful, weren't they?

Indeed, in the past, there were many instances when the single wife and her child were simultaneously pregnant. I suspect something of this nature must have happened in my own family. My grandfather married a second time after his first wife passed away. Between the two wives, there were 14 children.

khoda jab deta chhappar pharke deta I guess. Forgive my terrible Hindi. I didn't ask Shankari to check.

oj

Kamalji likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

I totally endorse what you have said.
    I was the eighth child in the family.My sister's son was elder to me by a few months.This was very common in those days. My father's brother, lost his wife after having 6 children.He was a doctor and his eldest son was also a doctor.When my uncle lost his wife at the age of 58 he wanted to marry again.The marriage was settled with a girl of 18( 37 years difference) from a family of poor means .The girl didn't see the bridegroom earlier.She only knew that the groom was a doctor.On the marriage day the 21 year old student doctor was busy moving here and there .The poor girl thought he was the person she was to marry.At the auspicious hours the balded gentleman past 50 tied the mangal sutra.The girl had just to obey.But soon she consoled herself and was a good mother to the doctor boy who got married within three months.Actually the daughter-in-law was elder to the MIL

Jayasala 42

ojaantrik likes this.
  6. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Your narration reminded me of Nirmala (hindi novel by Premchand).

ojaantrik likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Kamalji ,

To think of it, to have more siblings made life interesting. The elder ones did the most of the parenting for the younger ones.

If one sister has a difference of opinion, there is another brother to comfort you. When one comes for holidays from abroad, you have so many places to visit, news, functions, happenings. So many sweet, bitter and interesting memories of the past. But these days, the younger generation misses all those beautiful relationships between siblings! Where there is only one child, it is a loner through out its life. In case of two children, if for any reason, the relationship breaks, both of them become loners!

Enjoyed your bits of jokes as usual! Ha Ha..

sslkgpaa likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear KCB,

So many examples iof girls marrying for money, one being Jackie Kennedy, the other being Zeta Jones marrying Michael Douglas.
    Money makes the world go round KCB.
    Regards
    kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Curious,
    Well He does not think he is old. HAHA. But surely he has the right to live the way he wants, why should he live the way kamalji wants him to .
    Money is very important these days, even here, the girls side looks how rich is the boys side, no ?
    HAHA
    Regards
    kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

Micheal Douglas marriage had the money angle. That is why they made the famous prenup agreement which was discussed so much on the net. it had all the money angles discussed.
    14 kids wow, it sure must be a great crowd.Here for such , we say, thuis family needs no outsider for a party, they themselves are enough.HAHA
    But grandpa married after his first wife passed away, so that is fine. Mick's all wives are alive.HAHA

Regards
    kamal