1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When My Life Got Upside Down....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by fourthaugust, Jul 3, 2018.

1. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

It was morning 6 o'clock. Hubby woke up to get ready for his gym and shook me saying he wont have his breakfast today as he has his annual check up.
    I said fine and got up to and started with my morning chores
    My toddler got up along with me smiling and I thought to myself what a great way of starting the day.
    Had to shout at my elder one who was adamant on missing his school bus.
    Managed to get him ready and finally hubby and elder son both left.
    Rest of the day was normal.
    Being a fitness freak I did my yoga, played with my toddler and did my usual household chores.
    I had a plan for the next day as it was Saturday. Evening waited excitedly for the hubby dear to come back to share the plan with him.
    Hubby came at around 9 o clock. By then all my excitement had worn off.
    We had dinner together . Both my kids fell asleep by then
    As usual we Sat to catch up on news.
    I casually asked how was his check up.
    He kept quite for a moment.
    I got suspicious . I asked again
    And after that what he said just shook my world.

Will keep posting as and when I get the time

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh dear! Just hope it is nothing horrible.

fourthaugust likes this.
  3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Yeah..i hope so mam

4. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

My husband is a man of healthy habits. He
    Never smoked or consumed alcohol. A pure vegetarian and is into intense exercising. He likes to perform yoga and meditates too.
    As a human , he is very compassionate, kind, helping, very social , soft spoken person who doesn't get angry very easily.
    A very religious man who believes in the teachings of Geeta .
    It was hard to imagine what he told.
    He said that his x ray shows something in his lungs which needs to be checked out in ct scan.
    I was stunned for a second. I said may be the x ray machine is faulty and he can get it checked again
    He said he has already booked a appointment with a radiologist and Monday he will get this scanning done. I could not sleep much that night praying to God.

sindmani and ChennaiExpress like this.
  5. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I dragged weekend. Hours just took much longer than usual to get over. My anxiety knew no limits.
    On the other hand hubby looked normal or pretended to be normal I wont know for sure as he is very good at hiding his anxieties.
    Somehow, those two days passed . On Monday hubby left for hospital t get checked. I wanted to go with him but had to stay back for kids. He went there all alone.
    Evening he came back with the report which shattered me
    It looked so scary. I could not brought myself to face the challenge that was staring at us. This is how the life is.
    I told to myslef.
    I consoled myself that these challenges are the part of life and nobody can avoid them. We all have battles to fight and win
    The report said that there is a tumor in my hubby's lungs. And it could be anything. To get clear idea a biopsy was in order.

sindmani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Let's hope it turns out to be something that can be treated easily. Keep fingers crossed and praying for you and your husband. Hugs and good wishes. Can imagine your anxiety.

sindmani, shravs3 and fourthaugust like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

OP, Hugs to you! As Satchi says let’s hope and pray that it’s easily treatable and nothing major. Stay strong and this too shall pass

sindmani and fourthaugust like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hope it was resolved with minimal discomfort. Facing such scary health issues by nuclear families is a very big challenge. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. God Bless!

sindmani, shravs3 and fourthaugust like this.
  9. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

My husband asked for two weeks time and doctor granted. Before going forward or the treatment he wanted to settle some property disputes. So he decided to leave for t another city for two weeks to settle them first. I cried, begged and fought with hm over this. This was insane. How would I be abl to live this long with this kind of anxiety. He didnt budge. He left for the city and called his parents to live with us so that I don't kill myself with worries.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @fourthaugust ,

Your anxiety is understandable. Hang in there. Many a time it just turns out to be benign. Please pull yourself together and pray. Hugs and best wishes to you. Take care. It will all work out.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.