1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What You Are & Who Happened To You! :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BeingSoulful, Sep 22, 2017.

1. BeingSoulful

BeingSoulful Silver IL'ite

What's that one or more life changing incident(s) that changed you or your thoughts about love, life or anything in general, what did you learn out of it?

Would you care/dare to answer?!

Beauty.jpg

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@BeingSoulful,

I am yet to find out.

There are so many incidents rather people who have made strong impressions on me.

First, my dad is eccentric and funny. He has always insisted, "You don't have to do what everyone does. You do what you want to do. You feel like getting married. Get married. You feel like having babies. Have babies. You feel like resuming your studies. Go and study. You do what you feel like. There are no restrictions we impose on you. So, do what you feel like".

Then a bunch of crazy friends over the ages who have castigated me, "Stop being a typical woman. Stop thinking like a 12th century idiot. Be unafraid. Be assertive"

Then a small group of foodie friends with whom I had transformative discussions on philosophy, love, life and why meat tastes good only on bone.

There is always someone or something that challenges my perception and contests my biases and follies.

People you engage with have a profound influence in your making. Ensure you talk to everyone but interact with the select few. Too many opinions spoils into a froth.

anika987 likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @BeingSoulful,
    I want to be truthful to my conscious and do not worry what others think of me. Our conscious will prick us if we do wrong or speak ill of others without proof.
    Those who are jealous of me and my family, I do not hate them but always wish them good.
    Being a great believer in God I have surrendered to Him and leave everything to Him.
    PS

anika987 and Srama like this.
  4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

There is no ONE life changing incident i can think of .
    Many incidents leave impressions which at that time we dont realise , but later when thinking we can find the connection how it changed us .

The biggest influence on me is my mother . A quiet , pleasant but strong and resourceful lady . Again , I never realised the many lessons i absorbed from her when young . But today i understand it was her personality which moulded my personality .
    Two very important things i learnt from her are:
    " This too shall pass " So always have faith and hope .
    Second : Be The Outsider for better view . So, cultivate some detachment and use the Heart and Head equally .

Even today , when in some difficult situation , unconsciously i think " how will mother have handled this ? "

anika987 likes this.