1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what would you do-please suggest

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by joytoworld76, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ValuableTime

ValuableTime Senior IL'ite

Joy,
    I was reading this thread for the response you get. Because I myself was wondering, what you would do in such a situation :spin.
    I have to say, IndLadies have given wonderful suggestions to you. What I find from your replies to them is, you are afraid of your MIL & Co. I really can understand that. Thats because you are the only one there in that entire group to fight back.
    Well, All I can say is, you need to encourage yourself in this situation. If you dont talk, you cant get it. Simple.
    Is not considered as a good reason. How long do you think you can sustain with this? If you always think about others , what is the purpose of your life & your immediate family?? When are you gonna consider your feelings???? Think about it. Talk to your DH. Let him know about what you think & what you want for your family. If your DH do not want a second baby, ask for his reasons. If he says about his Sisters/Mother, let him know that you are also in his life and you want another baby. Come to an agreement regarding this issue. Once all set with DH, talk to your IL's.
    Good Luck!!

2. joytoworld76

joytoworld76 New IL'ite

Thanks you all for the valuable input & support...Its a very big decision in my life...my SIL younger sis escaped saying some medical reason....i feel she is waiting for me to have so that she can play safe later..she too has one kid now..Every body is very sympathetic to SIL.Since we live next to each other the dimension of prob is more,as we practically see each other every day 5-6 times.Breakfast,lunch,dinner is served to them by MIL(they are doing it from past 8 years before my marriage..i tried to change that too but it did not happen as they are doing it several years before my marriage).SIL does not have good married life,they dont have understanding,so my MIL keep telling my hubby at least if we give a kid things will sort out & anyway kid will be next door.My hubby just want to put full stop to this .He is very good but helpless.hence he says just forget about second baby.I just want to be quite for few days & decide analysing the situation deeply.
    I am very happy to see the feedback you guys have given.I agree with you..i am very strong in few things but weak in few specially dealing with emotions..i am the child who was pampered & never faced difficulties in life....specially such nasty people management....learning it now....Thank you all for the support...i think god sent you guys to help me out....will become strong & keep you posted......

3. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi JoytoWorld,

That's really a sad thing to happen. I do understand how you feel. But I agree with all the other posters here that you've to stand up for yourself. Normally I dont participate actively in these forums, but your post made me reply.
    Ask this simple question to your mil...if she has ever given away her children for adoption or whatever in her life. If not, ask her to do it now...maybe give away her daughter who stays next door. Use the same mantra everywhere....if somebody suggests you to give away your child, ask them if they can do it themselves. Sympathizing and Sacrificing are 2 different aspects.
    Please dont be a scapegoat.

all the best,
    Hema

4. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

excellent suggestion Hema!! And if your MIL says yes, tell her that you are not as self sacrificing as her.. actually ask her in front of her kids, and see how she squirms! when it comes to kids, we should have our primitive animal instincts.. no one dare come near your little cub to snatch it away!!

5. Abhirami

Abhirami New IL'ite

If you do not want to antagonize anyone and still have the baby (very very tough in life, my dear!!)---

One other solution would be for your hubby to pretend and say to your MIL- My wife is not going to have any more kids because she is scared that the kid will be taken away from her. She is having nightmares about losing her kid to someone else and we have shown her to the family doctor. And when he asked the reason, we told him the truth and he said for her mental sanity, no one should take away her child. Anyway you are in the US- They can't verify if you have been to the doctor.

I do not know if such things can work in your case. Can only work if your husband is really supportive and is willing to lie for your sake.

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

:shock::shock: When did a a child become a commodity.

Many members has replied you to be strong and take legal help if required. I don't see any of your posts mentioning anything related to that. Why?

End of the day MIL is just a human, don't project her to be a demon that cannot be controlled by u or your husband.

I guess you have this guilty conscious to say NO and blaming it on other people. What would the drama be???

They - being your MIL, MIL relatives, society.. whoever it is.

Will they say you are selfish?
    Will they stop talking to you?
    Will they badmouth you?
    Will they advise your husband to divorce you?
    Will that take legal action?
    Will they steal the kid from you?
    Will your husband want to give the kid?
    Will be against your decision?

Tell me what this "They" can do?

Will they say you are selfish?
    Will they stop talking to you?
    Will they badmouth you?
    --- Ignore them. Let them do whatever they want to do. Do you think they are worth it?

Will they advise your husband to divorce you?

If your husband is spineless like you and divorce based on your decision, you do know that criminal act right? And any sane man would have even think about it. You can complaint to the police for immediate action not just against him but his family as well.

Will that take legal action?

They can do nothing. It's only who can anything legally if you want to go that route.

Will they steal the kid from you?

Again law is there. DNA test can be done to prove that its your kid.

Will your husband want to give the kid?
    Will be against your decision?

If your husband tries any of this, be bold enough and do the rightful - legally.

So it's a simple decision on your part. If anyone MIL, SIL open their mouth, show your stand. If your husband is so scared of having another baby and wanting to adopt, I see a big problem here no matter how much you say he loves you and hes so good. First talk to him, tell me your decision. See if hes with you.

I have this question for you:

Will you be able to sleep peacefully and be answerable to your conscious, if you gave up your kid?
    What will you answer when the kid grows and finds out his/her mother gave away. What about the kid's feelings?

Why do you want to traumatize your kid??