1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Valentine Yaar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Balaji,
    That was a deliberate statement by me, bcs i wanted to attract everyones attention,well gay had a different meaning in those days, u see.HAHA
    Nazir Hussain, Manmohan krishna was another, Om prakash, i never saw them young.HAHA
    Regards
    kamal

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, Happy belated Valentine day to you and Harshaji. Hope Harshaji's is all well. So instead of red rose, you got Harshaji a red bottle (I remember getting a transparent bottle with red medicines that doctors used to give).

We do celebrate it. I remember the first year, my stingy husband bought a rose pot instead of roses and I was laughing like crazy. These days I cook his favorite food and we have dinner at home. He gets some gift for me, like perfume or chocolates or a card or flowers.

Yes, it is not required but it really helps to show our feelings to others. It makes a person feel valued. We Indians never do that be it be our spouse, siblings, parents, children or even to our subordinates/employees. We store all the love and care in our minds. I miss my parents today as I never expressed my love to them. I always took them for granted. Life is nothing but such small sweet memories. So do give that red rose to Harsha ji, maybe on any other day and not on Valentine's day and she will remember it for life.

Kamalji likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Aks,
    REd medcine bottle eh ! HAHA.
    Well what i mean is why this day, why not any other day.Do we need a day to say i love u?
    But to those who celebrate, i wish them well.Good yr husband wishes u, and makes u feel special. keep it up.God bless.
    Regards
    kamal

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

57 years... great mam.
    I have been reading all your posts. But never got time to reply. I read in between office hours. So could never sit down and write a good reply.
    do keep writing and congrats in advance.

Kamalji likes this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@Kamalji

sorry for not dropping by., By yes i was reading all your posts. Now a days i am only reading the posts and feel very lazy to reply or comment. Some of the comments are so wonderful that it feels like more of an another informative thread. Tat may be another reason why i refrain myself my posting.
    Nice thread. enjoyed reading it. whether these days are actually required or not. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging a persons love to you especially when love is conditional in several scenarios.
    Having said that, we usually go out on such occasions, coz my DH wants a reason to eat out:facepalm:

Kamalji likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear VV,
    Thank you for reading my posts and for the sweet comments.
    For a bathroom singer, even if no one is listening it gives great pleasure to the singer.
    Likewise it gives self satisfaction to bloggers for getting the opprtunity to post their views and honing their writing skill in a social forum. If they get feedback it is like icing on the cake.
    Love,
    PS

VaniVyas likes this.