1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to look for in TV Serials

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Hi All,

With all the anguish over the deteriorating quality of Indian TV serials on channels like Sony TV, Star Plus, Zee TV, I will like to suggest my view on what to look for in them. My husband always used to pester me on watching those dumb serial but I have now made him understood that they are worth watching !
    I think Ekta Kapoor, Aruna Irani are doing great job in making TV serials like Des mein nikla hoga chand, kussum , kaisa yeh pyar hai and so on. If it weren't for them to show the latest fashion trends, we would have been much behind in fashion industry. The sarees, dresses, blouse designs worn by characters such as Pallavi, Komolika are worth seeing. The long big bindis of Ramola (Sudha Chandran) were in trend. The hair styles of all these serials are availablein all beauty parlours. I dont have to show the photo to my beautician...just tell her the name of the characters in serial and she will make the same hair style :p

With so many serials on air, we cannot expect good story in all of them. But surely, we can see the latest trends !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006

2. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

TV serials are good

Hey,
    You can't say the quality of TV serials have gone down! There was a time when Indian viewers had no choice but to look only one channel Doordarshan and had to tolerate "Krishi Darshan" and other farmers programme. We have a lot of channels now. If you are thinking of some fashion you can watch FTV or Zee Trendz. If you are thinking of building a house you can watch Travel and Living channel. Moreover there are entertainment channels like Star Plus, Sony, SAB TV, Zee, Zee Smile, AXN. Movie channels like CCC, Set Max, Zee Cinema, Star Gold, Star Movies, Hallmark etc. Music channels like ETC, Zee Music, MTV, Channel V. There is a new addition of a new channel for Page 3 goers ZOOM. You cannot blame the producers uptil the day they are getting sponsorers and people watch them.