1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what to expect regarding health wise while bringing kid to India first time from US?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Padma3, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Padma3

Padma3 New IL'ite

Hi
    I am going to bring my 15 month old boy first time to India(Chennai).
    Briefly I will tell his health history ..
    He had wheezing and once hospitalized due to severe whezzing issue,basically he got attacked by some viral infection but now he is perfectly alright.
    Then he has milk and dairy products allergy.(doc told he will outgrow by 2 or so,but until then he is taking rice milk/almond milk as substitute)
    he is eating healthy and active playing.

Now my concern is India has a very humid climate esp chennai , so if any one who bought their kid from USA to India had any health isssues for kid??due to the sudden change in weather?
    Any flu shot should I give to him before he arrives to India?
    (all his vaccination are up todate)
    Any one with wheezing kid can you tell me any precautions steps?

thanks..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

2. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Re: what to expect regarding health wise while bringing kid to India first time from

Hi PAdam, I suggest you please consult a pediatrician for best information.

3. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Re: what to expect regarding health wise while bringing kid to India first time from

I am not sure about the wheezing part but I will tell you reg taking a kid to India for the first time..U can def expect lot of sickness when u land there may be for the first few weeks..change in time/weather/humidity everything..I am not scaring you but pl be prepared is all that i will say..Dont be alarmed if he catches a cold immediately..Take all the necessary precautionary measures..Take Pedialyte with you Tylenol and other imp medications..We just took malaria preventive medicine and continued till we reached! Hope this helps

4. RanjiniHari

RanjiniHari New IL'ite

Hi Padma, me too vistied India recently with my little one, cold and fever is by default everyone gets encluding the adults, so be prepared for it, iam also not sure about the wheezing. But my son had a lot of mosquito bits, i brought odomas naturals from India thatz for kids and it worked. Also main is water, get good brand filter boil the water always before giving to the kid. Also try not feeding outside food. Hope this helps, have a safe trip!