1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do if hubby is mama's boy?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sanjana, Apr 24, 2014.

1. sanjana

sanjana Senior IL'ite

My hubby is totally mamma's boy . He and Bil can do anything on her command . Its now ruining my personnel space in marriage . Before i though BIL used to tell everything to her on phone but now i guess my Hubby might also be. He even tell her our personnel talk and sex life . But he expect me not to discuss anything with my family .

He will only care about his brother , mother and father. Recently mil asked him to send some salary to her sister because she is ill . So from now on he will send some amount of salary to her each month. I actually have no problem with this because she is old but i am pissed because he just agreed and sent to her without even discussing with me and later just told me as a talk. If anything like this i did to my family he would have shouted so much that i dont consult her before .He even controlled me when i was looking for my job. He want me to first ask him everything even ... ask him before stepping out of house. I am not sure if he care about me or totally control me.

My hubby is very angry person infact sometime i think he got split personality. When he is happy with me he will treat me like his kid or baby . And if he is angry he will treat me like i am his biggest enemy . He will shout at me . But still expect me to talk nicely to him . He will fight again if i dont switch on my mood instantly and smile at him with same love.
    I mean when the fight is over i should be back in same good mood. He got this all from his parents. They exactly same like him but more expert.

They are so bitchy , that i cant handle. I cannot ignore them because they will complain to my hubby i dont speak to them . I cannot even speak to them because they pickup small small sentences and make a issue of it. Mil will even redicule me many time "what i am talking". I cannot even argue with them because it willl be like putting your hands in fire.

During their first visit , they used to put my hubby against me telling him how i am just sitting at home doing nothing , not even working as my hubby wanted a working woman. I dont even give him physical pleasure( yes they even discuss this) , how i am not ideal wife. And then my hubby would change his reaction toward me. They try this today also , to create fight between us.

Mil would lie to him ( she is the biggest liar i ever met). She would tell him how my parent rude to them , how i dont care about her , how i said this . She is a smart lady .... she will pick the sentence and twist it to make it look bad. So even i asked her something nice she will twist it and tell a lie to my hubby.

Does anyone else have a hubby like this??? how to deal with this?

2. bluerose

bluerose New IL'ite

this is quite sad to hear but unfortunately i am also in a very similar position like you.
    my husband is a total mama's boy. u can read my post and u will know the similarity!!!!

3. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

that's bad... u have no control on this..

just try find ur way of doing things and keep doing things happy and quietly...

there are some people in this world whom u can never change, all u need to learn is how to deal with them and survive ... that's all u can do...

4. annu78

annu78 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I too have a similar problem as my dh is the only child of his parents. U can imagine how the entire attention of my monster mil must have been on my life... I am married for 9 years now and have a 8 year old dghtr. I tried to sort out things for all these years, but sometimes these mils start taking us for granted. U should sit with ur husband and discuss this issue that u r not a doormat that he can treat u good or bad as per his moods. Don't keep quiet and spoil your inner peace and health. I did that for so many years.Believe me, this behaviour would continue for life if lines are not drawn. Let ur dh and mil know that u won't take things lying down. Stand up for urself dear... That's the best way , I have realised from my experience.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  5. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Find a job, lady. You need a distraction. Speak to him once on his mood swings upsetting you. I do not find it good that you dh discusses intimate things with his family. Speak to him and get it sorted. IF possible, try for a separate house. Dealing with a mommas boy is difficult. But sort it slowly.

Gain equal trust as like your mil. Good luck!