1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What the stars foretell. The eight legged revolution predicts for you too

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

What the stars foretell. The eight legged revolution predicts for you too

Mindi here beat me to a write up on dear paul. I asked dear paul here he said mindi will post it faster than u ….want to fry him up in garlicy sauce too (???????) but im vegetarian and I love animals…even the eight legged golden wonder

We shall soon be having a page on some German daily of dear paul’s famous predictions interpreted by some skilled person. The news of paul’s predictions have taken everyone by surprise and even people who do not have an interest in soccer were glued to the TV to watch the midnight play. We turned on to the sports page on newspapers and were disappointed if there was no news of paul during the Football games./soccer world cup.
    Now there is news that paul is actually from italy.

Is paul Indian?
    We shall soon have someone saying he is from India. As you see most soothsaying parrots are from India. The parrots have been around time immemorial.you even have kili josyam (parrot )online…!!India is actually house to this belief of predicting the future with age old palm leaves. Then there are moon signs and not sun signs that predict the future of a person with his/her star. The roadside palmist is making a decent living with his predictions. There are so many varieties of predicting the future/ the present with exact characteristics of the person just by looking at their face and mannerisms.
    The crow crows every morning for people who are not so dependent on the forecasts..!! But for some, crowing by ravens in a particular fashion predicts the homecoming of guests.
    The croak croak of a frog or their sitting on the open staircase in the garden like dolls on a kolu would forecast rain. Rain is sure when tumbi dragon flies when it flies very low. A full round on the moon forecasts rain. Ants come out to make tiny sand hills to predict rain soon.
    The lizard falling on body parts….we have a list of things that can happen and it is given in the yearly almanac.
    Fishes behave erratically when an earthquake is due. Dogs bark incessantly and sparrows fly around wildly and snakes come out of hibernation.
    The crystal ball, the tarots, the chovi, the coffee cups the betel leaf numbers and many more types of prediction are in practice in India for predicting the future.
    There are so many ways we Indians have, to predict the future that it is not a surprise that there are demands at the fishing ports for octopus now.. Fishermen say they receive not less than 30 calls a day from different sources for octopus which usually used to come along with the fish catch. These octopuses used to die before they were brought ashore as sometimes the fishermen stayed away more days for fishing far away from the shore. The octopuses that were brought ashore were used for soups and pickles. But now the fishermen are hunting to get them alive…!! According to reports they are endangered specie (not endangered for eating eh?) and you have to take permission to have them as a pet at home. It is a seven year jail term and you could be fined with a few thousand rupees as well. All the same the fishermen are busy trying to make a haul and become rich overnight with an octopus.
    Wonder if it is going to work for the soothsayers they will now have a new way to predict the future and blame it on the animal if they are wrong…!!They just have to lower two tanks of food with two choice and the octopus (hungry??) will chose one out of the two. Don’t know if it can be given more than two choices. We Indians are sure to come up with more innovative ways to use this cephalopod

I decided not to post it when I wrote it….but then I received this wonderful link by mail from someone ….do I miss a chance to give dear IL readers a prediction by the great paul….na….so here is the link.. soccer games long forgotten till the next…here is something to keep us guessing..

http://www.paulpredicts.com/

sathya

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/20608-what-the-frogs-foretell.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Now, astrologers are into serious trouble, getting a stiff competition from Octopus and Frogs in the prediction game..eh? :)