1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Marriage for me means.... bonding of two people who can be best friends for the rest of the lives....
    No judgements, no blame games, whatever misunderstandings arise to see that as ours rather than ‘yours’ and ‘mine’....
    Growing together and yet giving the individual space....
    Loving each other truly deeply and madly, and not just for the social media...
    To help each other and always make silly jokes and laugh together....
    Being comfortable as you are, And being yourself and giving yourself completely and wholeheartedly

MonikaSG and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. deepshika1

deepshika1 New IL'ite

I think it is a lifelong commitment that one should honour

3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Necessary to become acceptable at society. After a certain age none accept person remain unmarried.

4. azureocean

azureocean New IL'ite

Not sure if the meaning really matters but a successful one does need compromise and understanding

5. savitharama

savitharama New IL'ite

6. kumudh31

kumudh31 Gold IL'ite

Ideally the meaning of marriage is love and companionship but in reality most of the marriages are based on convenience and society's approval.

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Choosing a person to be with me for lifetime, in ups and downs with mutual respect.

8. ToTheStars

ToTheStars Senior IL'ite

To have kids raise them and get them married..

9. diva31

diva31 Guest

hello! I am kind of new to this forum but I am loving it so far. It is very interesting to read different stories. this way I am getting to know about what is happening in the life of others. I believe that you always learn from listening to other's stories. I got married in 2004. it is been fourteen years now. I was lucky enough to be married to the man I loved. We are living a very happy life with our five kids, three sons, and two daughters. But life is not all about happiness and fulfillment. It is actually a blend of both happiness and little challenges. This is what makes a life interesting. I would say that just enjoy and try to live every moment of it. Married life has its own perks. Just know that both partners have to learn how to compromise and sacrifice. God bless you! LOVE!

10. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

I Dunno about other couples but coming to me yes both pf pur familes have mutual respect towardseach other and our relationship grew stronger under that shade!! Even today both of our opinions matter my MIL gives equal importance to me as to his son.She always taught to respect each other right from begining!! Every relationship is of GIVE AND TAKE and rifts happen when the balance between give an take shifts!! Marraige should never be who is dominating whom or who is upper or lower hand or who should give and who should take if the balance is equal everything remains happy!! Parents play a huge role right from begining if a daughter or son is raised with all the qualities poured in them correctly then that kids grew into responsible mature indivuduals. Then they understand the real meaning of respect, love,sacrifice ,dedication etc. Marital life is like a driving a car! glitches may come but one should be able to resolve it rather than getting into crash! If things really go down south than follow the heart!

GeetaKashyap likes this.