1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the ideal gap between two kids?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by varshini, Nov 26, 2006.

1. varshini

varshini New IL'ite

Hi All,

I just had my first kid. My doctor told me that, from a medical standpoint, it is ideal to have the next kid after 11 months or so. What are the things that I should think about in deciding when to have my next kids. Did you have your kids close-by or far-apart? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having kids close-by as oppossed to far-apart. Look forward to good dialogue on this. Thank you.

Varshini

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Varshini,
    ther is no such thing as an ideal gap. It is not always possible to plan childbirth. But it would be a little bit easy of there is a gap of 3 years. In this way, the first one will be able to understand a little bit. But there is also a problem of the first one getting very possessive.
    I would say, have the next baby when you feel is best. You and your partner only can decide about this.

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

gap between kids

Dear Varshini,

Mine was three and a half years gap. That was somewhat easier to handle. You can make the first one understand about the new one , by talking to him/her. We'll get the time to do that also.

Medical viewpoint will be easier for the doctors to handle maybe, for us it'll be difficult. The only advantage there is that you can finish it off at one go ie parenting... That's all. Looking after children ,that too two at a time, if they are both boys... then gone. We won't have time to do anythingelse..

It is your wish and decision , anyway.
    Latha :wave