1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is New?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 12, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Talking of which a friend with a son who is working got some lovely tattoos on the arm - aham brahmasmi and one more similar one.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

"Aham Brahmasmi" or "Prajnanam Brahma" or Tat Tvam Asi" or "Ayam Atma Brahma" are all great Tattoos and who knows Modi Government may give incentives for those who have such Tattoos. It might be like a "Get out of jail" card in the game. If one shows one of those Tattoos, the IT authorities raid might be canceled. Candidate selection for MLAs and MPs could be based on the Tattoos in future. :)

Viswa

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Now you are giving me ideas!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I am okay with “When will you be back?”
    It is the converse “Where are you going” that befuddles me.
    Esp., the longer version “Where are you going ........(in life)” that startles me.

Once in a while my mom takes out her, Beti, think about your future, purport, life, light, photons ....what do you want to do in life. I act as dazed as a deer in the headlights.

May be I should borrow the phrase “I will let you know when I know” rather than just rolling eyes at my mom's anxiety.

My family members have sensed long ago that I visit home only for food. In fact I bark my cravings as I alight the flight at the airport. Mom did you cook that, this, and you added grated coconut, and you fried it, not boiled, not river fish but sea fish, no! no! I don't like mint chutney with that lentil, don't mix them ...my instruction list is never ending. Nature is very cruel. All sweet and charming moms are sent daughters from hell.

Aw! Thanks for that picture.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

@Iravati,

Thank you for your second response. The deer in the headlights comment took me someplace else. Sometime back, there was a Telecast of a elderly woman arguing with the host why can't the deer crossing be fixed in another place instead of crowded area? It took some time for the host to explain that the sign is not for the deer but for the drivers.

All those instructions are fine to a mother as long as the adult child is willing to eat at home. My wife will accept such requests any day for a bite at home.

A daughter without a Tattoo? Ahh, how much I wish to have one like you?

Viswa

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Does that offer also include large cans and tiered lunch boxes of goodies? Back then, when I was ready to return to my hostel after my holiday, my mom would pack me food as if I was going to some African outpost.

Although I was tipping to resemble a scruffy and portly bear, she would lament at the lack of "fat in the body."

You should meet my vexed mom. She, on the contrary, would be willing to swap me with anyone on the road over my undisciplined and coarse habits.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful post Viswa Sir.

This reminds me of an incident. DD wanted a hair cut - reason - according to her , her hair was too long and unmanageable and thick . Hence takes a long time to get ready in the morning. She is going to be 10 this year.
    I managed to tell her that long hair looks good on her and the usual stuff about long hair that every mom would have for a girl child.
    The preaching on long hair went on for about half an hour and DD was getting restless trying to convince me into getting her hair cut done.
    DH walks in and shows me a pic - of myself when I was a little girl - in short hair.
    I remember the drama I made for the hair cut. Mom was always against my hair cut and my go to line was , "Maa its just hair after all, it will grow back, it has no choice. and its not as bad as you think it is. I really want to have short hair"
    and when mom said long hair suits me, I used to say, "Short hair also might suit me ! how would you even know if it suits me or not even without trying?"

I booked an appointment for DD.
    On the planned day - we walk into the salon. DD sits in the chair and when the lady asked her what she would like to get done, DD explains to her in all salon jargon - fringe, length, thinning out what not !
    Boy was I surprised !!
    She came home, she washed her hair and put a girlie hair band and was grinning ear to ear looking at herself in the mirror.
    I loved that smile of hers - and she loved it that I let her decide what she can/cant do with her hair - its hair after all, it will grow back, it has no choice. It was not as bad as I thought.

DS on the other hand, was drawing a Minion on his wrist. I asked him what was that - he said its a tattoo.
    I myself, at 36 am contemplating a tattoo . So no comments. One life.

Viswamitra and Shanvy like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

During my recent flight, the young man next to me had om Namath Shivayah, the damru and the vel with the the om in Tamil in a beautiful tattoo. Had the peacock feather in the background. The mother in me was looking at the ink from his fingers to his elbow and worrying about the skin damage and more and the art fan looked at the creativity in awe. Was tempted to ask for a pic.

Doree, Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa I assure you that I do have a beard though I am not sure a primarily ladies' website would have it as a code of conduct considering that you hardly find bearded ladies except in some circuses and fairgrounds.Dreadlockms are really dreadful to maintain. I wonder whether they can be shampooed.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

It is "You name it and you have it" kind of an offer. Anyone who wears pink will be treated like a queen and can demand anything. Goodies in large cans and tiered lunch boxes with goodies are all automatically included in the offer. You must be working out a lot to eliminate fat in the body.

That is because your mother had the luxury of having a girl child from your birth. Ask people like me who are starved for girl children. No exchange is needed and I can take you as my daughter with no strings attached.

Viswa