1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What gives woman her identity?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 17, 2015.

1. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

'Cogito ergo sum' - irrespective of man or woman..

1 person likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Wow ........

3. unique

unique New IL'ite

a woman is born a daughter/sibling grows up to take on several roles-wife mother mother in law grandmother etc.i would say her most treasured role is that of a mother.it is simply wonderful to be the most important person in another life for quite some time.we become our childs focus-fountain of unconditional love,guide,mentor ,best friend and mentor.mother means more than the world to a child and the relationship is very special.i would definitely say my most treasured relationship is -child-mother .therefore most treasured identity too

1 person likes this.
  4. dhana77

dhana77 New IL'ite

Participation is gives identity. It may (daughter, daughterinlow wife, mother, motherinlow ).

2 people like this.
  5. VKumaraswamy

VKumaraswamy Senior IL'ite

My career and my family

1 person likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I think a woman's identity is how she views her self and life?

For some, their financial independence is their identity. But definitely it is not the case with everyone.
    My mom, MIL and SIL are not working. They are always financially dependent on their spouse, or children. Even then, they have a great identity for themselves.

For some their career. Again, not every career woman has an identity, where as the stay at home moms have a great identity.

Education or exposure would give some identity to women, but again it highly depend on how they view them selves.

I think a woman's identity relies on how she values her self respect. How she lives her live, and how she influence, dominate in others life in a positive or negative manner.
    It further goes as to how a woman could mentor or become a role model.

I am proud that my mom is my role model. But she never had financial independence or a career. But she is highly confident and values her self respect. She has positively influenced into my family to a great extend. Her care, love, affection and strong knowledge about what is happening around her, her social networking, her interest to live her life happily at any given stage is what positively influenced in many of our lives.

So, your identity is how you view your life.

3 people like this.
  7. Sujithamaran

Sujithamaran New IL'ite

It's definitely the financial Independence. From my own personal experience I realized that women can show their capability only by earning money. As a home maker they are exhausted and frustrated both physically and psychologically. Being financially independent makes them confident, move forward, ignore others who suffer them.

Most of the women are independent in so many ways. But this one gives the confidence to break all the barricades on her way.

2 people like this.
  8. SuchitaT

SuchitaT Senior IL'ite

I think the answer is different for everybody. And I totally disagree with financial independence thing people are forcing here mostly. Many women in my family dont earn but, that doesnt mean they dont have an identity.! come on.. My Mom is the special part of family, she is there without even asking anything in return for all the things a and as I grew up, I realized it very much. She has her own identity, without her nobody even wants to stay at home.

Identity is a tag given by people in our life who are there just to judge everything. I THINK ONE'S TRUE IDENTITY LIES IN HIS/HER THINKING. Being a good human rather than successful person in terms of money only. identity is what we think of ourselves, How we see others and treat others. one should enjoy and live to the fullest without restrictions of society to be this and that. Just be yourself, that only matters.

2 people like this.
  9. Gauthu

Gauthu Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]What is she? calmness, poise,grace, and the spirit of unobstructed love and self-effacing service. [/FONT]
    Who is she? mother/Daughter/sister/wife....
    Why is she ? Beacuse she performs all her duties and responsiblities beyond knowledge and ignorance/light and dark/happiness and saddness/ strength And weakness.

1 person likes this.
  10. indiragopinath

indiragopinath New IL'ite

Financial empowerment and positive attitude.

1 person likes this.