What Are Your Dreams ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by reca, Jul 13, 2018.

1. reca

reca Silver IL'ite

Hello All,
    lets give some colors to our Imagination. People say, dream big !
    In the busy life, we have no time left to dream ...
    My dream :
    A nice home, stress free job , help that impacts the society, a pug to play with, cute family, once or twice a year vacation, fly to Mars (im scared but its a dream), see India become a developed Country :)
    Irrespective of practical or impractical we need dreams :)
    So what are your dreams ?
    Best Regards,
    R

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    anika987, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Reca,

Rick Stein (TV celebrity chef) was described somewhere as "grand poobah of Padstow with piscine passion".
    Besides that amusing alliteration, I was struck by "poobah". Who is Poobah?

Grand Poobah is a term derived from the name of the haughty character Pooh-Bah in Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado (1885). In this comic opera, Pooh-Bah holds numerous exalted offices, including "First Lord of the Treasury, Lord Chief Justice, Commander-in-Chief, Lord High Admiral ... Archbishop ... Lord Mayor" and "Lord High Everything Else". The name has come to be used as a mocking title for someone self-important or locally high-ranking and who either exhibits an inflated self-regard or who has limited authority while taking impressive titles.

I realized that I missed out completely on Gilbert and Sullivan's comic operas.

My dream is to watch such comic operas at leisure, mind you, only comic operas and not tragedies and dramatic operas, also not in theaters but on operavox.
    • Operavox: Six famous operas beautifully brought to screen with various animation techniques. Cell animation, stop motion etc. Each opera a different artist and all lasts half an hour.
    • The operas featured are "Carmen", "Rigoletto", "The Barber of Seville", "The Magic Flute", "Turandot" and "The Rhinegold"
    I watched "Magic Flute" in the operavox season#1 and was very impressed. All comic operas under 30-minute animations! Dream!

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I want my little boys to grow up into decent human beings .

kaniths likes this.