1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What a wife should do when husband does not give compliments about looks?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vasavi84, Aug 25, 2011.

1. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

I just saw an ad on TV for a hair perfume !!! I didnt know that you get perfumes for hair too !!! I remembered your post about your SIL's great smelling hair and logged in!!! :)

Check it out... I saw the ad on UTV movies - some 4 letter word !!! Cant recollect now... can anyone else remember ???

Also, for perfumes, try out Rasasi range (you get them in most supermarkets) - blue lady, chastity, temptation - there are several more - get the ones for women - they have men's range too, dont try that - I have found most deos and eau-de-cologne start smelling like Alcohol/cologne after some time, but this Rasasi range continues with the good smell like expensive perfumes!!! The sprays cost less than 200Rs

Also, if you dont know anything at all about perfumes and cannot decide, safest to try is Charlie blue if you're shy type of girl, and if you're outgoing, try Charlie red or gold!!! It is from Revlon brand, and you'll find this also everywhere - start with the eau-de-cologne first (150-200 Rs range) then later when you're confident about your tastes, you can go for perfumes (eau-de-parfum) (1500-5000 Rs range), if it suits your budget!!!

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    IMO looks are just skin deep also as one Ilite said all women have some beauty how else did your DH marry you? Groom yourself and be confident one fine day you will recieve a compliment which you wont forget.......then comeback recount it in IL snippets.......Good Luck da....

3. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

If your husband is otherwise loving to you then maybe he is not the type to tell someone they look nice to their face...he could be telling his sister how beautiful you look.
    Looking our best and being confident with ourselves is always good, but don't do it to get compliments...do it for yourself.

4. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, I do not mean to divert the focus of this discussion, but you had posted about DH and SIL's bizarre relationship sometime back, right? I think your insecurities are stemming from those issues. Have they been sorted out?

I think your DH is being mean to be comparing you to SIL. Come on, you cannot wave a wand and change your appearance! If he were really concerned he would take you shopping himself or get stuff for you. Is he trying to destroy your confidence? Are there any other issues between you?

It does hurt when your better half does not seem to think that you are beautiful. Like the others said, please try and groom yourself for your own confidence. It will radiate from within you and this confidence will add beauty to you.

In our country a lot of unwanted emphasis is given to complexion; do not worry about that. It is something that we cannot change (maybe a bit with bleaching, creams etc. but not much) and it NEED NOT be changed. Be proud of your complexion. There are plenty of beautiful women who happen to be dusky-skinned. I remember reading an interview of some politician (dont rem who exactly) who said that he thinks Bipasha Basu is more beautiful than Aishwarya Rai.

Please do not be insecure about your looks-GL:thumbsup

5. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

Thank you Anusha for your support... Yes the previous issue is kind of sorted out. I spoke with my DH very calmly about I felt about his actions. He in fact said that thanks for making me realize this... Now she is in her hubby's place. So currently no issues ... :)

6. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

Thank you for your wishes

7. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

I would like to thank everyone here for helping me out...

8. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Good to hear that! Now just take things one step at a time. Like some others said, first go for a new haircut that suits you (you can ask for hairdresser's suggestion)...it will do wonders to your personality and confidence levels:)

9. coolgirl011

coolgirl011 Senior IL'ite

just change youself a bit ..get some gud perfumes ...try to work on u r outlook ....i am sure he is going to turn to u :)

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I would just like to say that some men will NEVER compliment their wives as they feel it is unnecessary. They think that if they bring their checks home, take care of their wives including in bed, cart them around shopping, and generally do stuff that this is saying it. They think that their feelings for their wives is obvious. Some may also feel that giving compliments shows some weakness on their part and stubbornly refuse until death. Judge by his actions and then if you feel something is wrong, then make an appraisal. Also, men can get really turned off by neediness.