Western Media Hegemony Should End!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by SeekingMind, Oct 12, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

BRAVO! WELL SAID Arnab Goswami!!

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

I don't agree with the analysis of the gentleman named Arnab Goswami, who is trying to be a cult figure within India and also a big name in south east Asia media circle. It is true, we Indians still regard BBC or CNN as the primary source of reeliable news even in Indian matters. But, has he analysed why ? CNN struck our imagination during the first Gulf war in 1991 when it almost telecast the war live and reached the households of interested Indian via cable TV. They also telecast an interview of deceased leader Saddam Hossain, much to the chagrin of Bush (sr.) administration. In the matter of news presentation CNN can be so fear less. And leave BBC's matter. There are tonnes of stories where the English Government locked horns with them over issues. We Indians always regard such dauntless heroic acts and hold their news as more correct than the news presented by our own people. Everywhere in the world, you will see CNN or BBC are presenting their news through their own people and they never depend on agency news like Reuters or AFP. They are institutions by themselves.

But what about Arnab Goswami? what he is doing ? Does he have the guts to take the Government on ? Big journalist Arun Shourie once remarked.... In Indian context, the source of news should be common man and the biggest readership should come from common men. But the opposite is happening. The source of news are different levels of administration and the biggest followership come from the politicians, bureaucrats and businessmen.In Arnab's case precisely that is happening. Except for sensational issues, had he ever touched common man's issue ever? The answer is a big NO. Because he knows, his influence circle in administration and political circle will diminish if he speaks for the common man. Like his Guru Prannoy Roy, he has also mastered the art of pleasing leading lights of rival political parties in good humour by giving them the help they need at the time of their personal crises. He will never challenge the powerful men who matter, but will grill their pawns to create sensations and present a revolting image for himself. In his vision other than UP, Delhi and Maharashtra no other state matters. I am refraining from giving examples. The real reason, important leaders of the country hails from these states.

So, it is absurd for Arnab to expect a place for himself at par with BBC or CNN. I know, he is academically sound, he is a doctorate degree in England, his CV is so good that, he can expect any top international assignment. But for an Indian like me, he is just another fellow trying to magnify his personal image by bringing in so called big issues which means nothing to common man. He should first answer the question , why Indians do not regard him as a symbol of neutrality in domestic affairs.

Regarding cross-border issues, I echo and repeat the same thing that he uttered,125 crore people of the country say the same thing. My comments about him are confined to our domestic issues only and his style of journalism.

vaidehi71 likes this.