1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Musings - Bird Watching

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Weekend Musings - Bird Watching

I am not very fond of birds with feathers,but very much like the Birds of the Fair variety.But here I will talk about the ones with feathers.

Mumbai is famous for crows.Here I don’t see a crow for years together.In Mumbai my brother has boiled eggs for breakfast.He eats the white and throws the yellow portion on the next door terrace, where crows are waiting religiously every morning for it.the day he forgets, they come to the window sill, and start to screech.So even if brother dosnt want eggs that morning , now he has to, for the Crows.

And there is a saying, that learn to share like the crows.They will never ever eat alone.They will call their friends before they touch a morsel.Something to admire really.

I feed Bajra to the birds who are kind enough to visit my home, and grace it with their chatter.They do me a big favour.As do my neighbours, who are so miserly, that they don’t feed the birds, and I do, so they come over.Good for me, and the cat that preys on them silently.God has made food for all.

My brother stays a few kms away from me.He stays in a rented house,and there are many shops in front of his house, one of them is a liquor shop.And as u know,the liquor shops sell small packets of Namkeen to the drinkers, as one tends to feel hungry when u drink.

This liquor shop owner has the habit of giving water to the birds, and he has a earthen pot filled with water all the time, and the birds drink from it.I suspect some drinkers must be putting a few drops of liquor from their glasses into the water, just for fun perhaps.Because the birds love that water, and drink no where else.

My brother copied me, rather I inspired him and he started to put Bajra , but the birds wouldn’t eat for days.He came and complained to me,but even I could not understand the reason.One fine day, he went to the liquor shop and bought those small packets of Namkeens, bought a few earthen ware pots and put the Namkins in them for the birds, just for a lark.

And lo, the birds started to come and eat all the Namkins in a flash.When he told me I did not believe it,and I went and saw it myself.Well I tried the same here at my place, but my birds ignored it royally, and carried on with the regular Bajra.

I told brother Haldiram Namkeens are so expensive, everyday u open 5 packets of 5 bucks each, why don’t u buy the local Namkins which will cost u quarter the price, and got him a few cheaper varities.The birds stopped eating this local one, and now he is back to the expensive one.

I suppect the birds must also be having their daily fix from the liquor shop, and now want the Haldiram’s Variety.Well they sure have taste I must say.

Who says Birds are stupid !

DON

The other day I was watching Don , the old one,and well so many memories come back.This was the first and last movie of a director called “ Chandra Barot” promoted by Salim Javed.Well directed, god knows why Chandra did not direct another one.

There were 3 movies based on the same theme, where the hero dies,and a gangster takes his place, same looks.The first one I suppose was Kallicharan, the debut movie of Subhash Ghai, and the debut of Shatrughan Sinha, the original Rajnikant.He is the first villain, SS, when the public clapped at his entry.Rajnikant has copied all the antics of SS, the cigarette, etc.

The second was Don,where Amitabh dies and a convict takes his place.The third was Kasme Vade, again where original Amitabh dies and another Amitabh takes his place.

And all were inspired from the movie “ the Marathon Man, starring Dustin Hoffman.Rather inspired, copy is a bad word.

Look at Rakesh Roshan, he was inspired by a Sony Ericson Ad Jingle, and had to pay 2 crores to the original composer of the jingle, some Sampath.Poor Roshan.No wonder the guy has become bald with a shiny pate,feel sorry for the old man.

And the movie Krazzt 4, well someone told me you will be KRAZZY to watch this one.As it is I watch a movie or two a year in the theatres, as we are in the times of inflation, so I will watch this movie for free on TV a few months down the line.

And what can be more heaven, than writing this blog and listening to the FM radio blaring away some of the most melodious songs of Mhd Rafi, right now hearing ,An eke Unse Aayee Bahar, from Jeene Ki Raah,and Yeh Mera Prem patra padkar from Sangam.The combo of old songs and blogging is heaven for me.Even if a pretty heroine were to offer me a date with her, all expenses paid, I would shoo her off.Bcs after the date she would shoo me off, this obese blogger.So I am happy in the company with u wonderful ladies and gents, who wants distraction.?

Walking – A new face, a la Padukone has entered our Garden.Unfortunately married, bcs I can see the mang ka tikka,sadistic she is really, but fair ,slightly plump, well rounded and covered up in a sari,and very very pretty.My heartbeat these days is faster than my footsteps, and as long as she walks I walk.If u see me leaner and meaner, in a few months down the line, u will know the reason ! And the previous ladies, I have dropped them from my favourite list.I just pray to God to let the lady know that I am the great Kamalji the blogger and she comes and takes my autograph, and that she calls me on the phone asking me about my new blogs.

But that villain her husband these days accompanies her, and so I have lost the jest to walk.waiting for the hubby to be put on a ship and not show his face for a few months.

Cheerleaders of IPL

Newspapers reported that the foreign cheerleaders females have many things thrown at them at the stadium, and people ogle and pass lewd comments on the ladies.And this includes the 15 year olds and the 70 year olds.

Shatrughan Sinha says why waste money on the foreign babes, and why not try out the Bar Girls who are jobless, after the Beer Bars were closed.Nice idea.They understand the psyche of the Indian public,and can sway to the Hindi songs,and while the foreign girls just grind their hips, the Indian variety can sway all the parts of the Body.

I do not understand the complaints of the foreign girls.When u are wearing such short shorts, and short tops,with a lot of exposure, u cant expect the public to have holy thoughts when they watch u dance, can they ? When one goes to a temple these dirty thoughts don’t come to our minds,bcs of the atmosphere.And similarly when u go to a Beer Bar, u only get Naughty thoughts.So why complain.They are just asking for trouble, I must say.But they sure make the game lively.No wonder I don’t move from my seat, and watch the match, sorry, babes with interest.They enrich my whiskey from the Indian standard to the foreign one.And all for free.

Food Shortage

I was zapped to read in yesterday’s papers, about Wal Mart in the USA , refusing buyers to just 4 bags of rice, because they fear they may run out of rice very soon.India is so much better, at least here on payment of the current price, u can go buy as much as u want.Many buyers are restaurant owners, who fear that they may have to refuse the latercustomers, that their Biryani is over.And since the start of this year, rice prices in America have more than doubled.At least in India that is not the case .FM please take note, and use this plank in the elections to come !

A friend of mine has a strange theory on this.He says Mehngai, or Inflation is when u take money to the market and the thing is not available.When it is available, and in plenty then where is inflation.I tend to agree somewhat.

We never crib when our salaries increase, but when the farmers get a better price for their products, and those things become expensive for us, we crib.And if inflation is hurting u, cut down on some unnecessary frills like eating out less, cutting down on Burgers and Pizzas, which are of no use nutrition wise, go less for movies in Innox theatres and watch the movie after a couple of months later on the TV for fr ee, walk down the lane rather than take the car.If we cant curb our excesses, then we have no right to crib.

On this cheerful note,Have a nice weekend, and watch the pretty Babes, on IPL,but maybe with Salwar Kameez the next time.And a Chuni to boot.Sweet Dreams.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

dear kamalji,i bet you are having a great time this weekend.you have alredy ponderd over so many issues and sunday is yet to arrive.Have a good time and do take us along in the flight of your thoughts.regards,humera.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Humera,

Well this time i did take u on a long long flight, just got carried away.
    After i wrote this, i saw on TV the Harbhajan episode, which is the next in line.

Thanks and regards.kamal

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal
    Talking of birds, I was reading in this morning's The Hindu(page 28 ) that the Harward University scholars have conclusive evidence that the present day chicken might have descended from dinosaurs! I shudder to think of what would happen to us a few million years from now if one applies the same scale of reduction! Already we have had a prince who became a frog but fortunately he was redeemed by the kiss of a princess!
    I dont mind becoming anything except a cockroach.
    Probably forseeing such an eventuality, one Tamil Saint has already prayed that even if he were to be born as a worm, his mind should remain firmly entrenched at the feet of God!
    Sri

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

So well said.Let me tell u,what u said i too would like to be a worm at the feet of the lord.At times i feel animals and worms are better than humans.

And i look at tuffy my dog, and he has better qualities than many humans.Humans just cant match his loyalty,and he dosnt even distinguish betweem a poor relative or a rich one.So true Sri.Regards.kamal

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Another nice one.............For so many years I use to feed the birds and give them water but from the time I have come here I can see a few pigeons in the verandha sometimes so started feeding them as before but unforunately these birds doesn't like to eat grains or fruits or bread they smell and go away and wouldn't drink water too as it is very hot usually the water get evapourated soon but still as it is so hot use to feel sorry for the birds and go on putting water in the vessel and keep it for them to drink but lol they don't no idea why..........I was feeling so funny about it they don't eat don't drink what is the reason????????????
    you namkeen idea sounds good let me see if these birds will come to et atleast that.........hahahaha
    Rakesh Roshan ........I heard he has bald his head on purpose as fashion...........but he is not actually bald............don't know correctly.
    I liked the old Don Amitabh was super in that........
    Food shortage is all over the world Kamalji...........But in USA the restricitions has already started as u know those people take precautions before hand.
    So many farms are being sold now a days and all the buildings coming up so all of us are going to face the problems for food.
    Your cheerleader write up too was good............how can one get naughty in the temple this can happen only in disco's of beer bars...........
    Nice treat for the weekend..............from today week has started for us.
    Wish you a nice weekend Kamalji

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji8,

I saw the titile and instinctively knew it had to be you.

And what a plethora of topics. From birds (feather)to birds(fair) ,To AB to Shatru to cheerleaders.... what a trip.!!
    I love birds too, infact I love sparrows the most (hope others birds dont take offense). Their tiny frame but the power in them is awesome. I love their chirps in the morning. I love parrots and love birds too.And peacock feathers are a major part of a part of my living room decor. Infact this vacation I am planning to go to Karnala. Lets see if the blazing sun would have a little mercy and let me venture out.

Oh the cheerleaders. Guess the ticketsd been sold like hot cakes has nothing to de with the cricketers or the match. I can hear Mr. Patil roaring! Hey but this is some guts eh! Mr. Patil said," No dancing in bars"... So they said" Fine then we dance in stadiums!!" Howzzat!!

Poor Rakesh ,never dreamt in his wildest dream that Krazy4 would drive him crazy! Wouldnt be surprised if the next version of the song is picturised on him.

Salwar kameez clad cheerleader.... now now if wishes were horses!!

Regards,
    Devika

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

Maybe u would want to import Haldiram's Namkins from india for the Birds.Big Laugh
    Even Monekys at Amer Fort, these days dont want Bananas, but branded potato chips from visitors.Tastes are changing.If our kids prefer burgers to parathas these days, so can the animals change their taste too.HAHA.

Well in a way it is true, that u cant get naughty thoughs in a temple, nor pious thoughts in a strip tease joint.So why not let the men , rather leachers like me enjoy the free show by the females on TV, and that too for free.Spoilsports, these politicians.

Wishing u a great weekend too.Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

wishes have turned horses.Firstly in Sunday's match, they did not show the cheerleaders dancing and i thought they banned them.And then i saw them dancing with slacks or pants on.And the strange part is the girls say they feel better, with clothes on.Well Well.

Rakesh Roshan thought he is super boss and can get away with lifting the tune of another director.And if he had honestly asked the director, he might have got them for maybe a quater of the price.

where is Karnala ? Dont know the place.Hope u get the respite from the scorching sun.

But somehow i love summer.I can show off my collection of T shirts, drink a lot of juices.Each season has its own fun i suppose.

Thanks for yr great comments.Regards.kamal

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Karnala is a bird sanctuary situated near Mumbai, where you get to witness one of God's wonderful creations. A must see for all bird lovers.

Regards,
    Devika