1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We need Audience and the Director

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, Apr 14, 2012.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Finest Blog Winner - Third Weekly Pick of April 2012

We need audience!!

Man is indeed a 'people person'. He likes to be in a group and develops his best ability only when he is in the group.

There is a saying, ‎"World is a stage, life is a drama where man is an actor & the God is director". Think about the actor, performing without having the audience in front of him? Undoubtedly, one of the beautiful and empowering human skills is "Being Proactive". The characters on the stage play different roles. They are very much focused on their roles. Most of the time, the characters, I mean the actors, are not influenced by the applause, or the criticisms of the spectators. They continue playing their roles. Whether it is minor role or the major one, the actor has to perform it anyway. Their role is their choice after all. They perform because they know that there is an audience viewing their performance. But who would think of performing a role at all if there is no audience?

It is okay if somebody is doing something voluntarily or for self-pleasure but we, as a human being, could not spend all of our time doing something merely for the sake of self-pleasure.

This World is indeed the stage, where we have to be an actor and sometimes, maybe, a co-director with the God. We have to be a co-director and plan our roles every day. We choose our part and maybe, also judge what did we receive to perform that part. We sometimes revise the reinforcement or reward that we received to evaluate our part. We learn and modify our role then after.

Is that only about acting our part and being the co-director? I think, possibly, we are required to have the marketing skills as well. We have to market our human skills in daily life. More than that, maybe, we also have to research the needs and demands of the target audience and maybe, we also have to plan to customize our skills according to the interest of the audience.

Interestingly, how interrelated is the efficiency of the actor's art and the happiness of the audience during the show! If the actor is not interested in contributing 100% to his role, he would miss audience's attention and on the other hand, if the audience is not much encouraging and enthusiastic, it may not provide enough motivation to the actor and hence would deprive itself from the potential acting skill of the actor.

Now the question is who would initiate doing something positive that promotes others willingness, satisfaction or enthusiasm? Who would customize his/their role according to other's emotional needs and demands? Somebody has to initiate it, sometime, how about thinking about this today?

I had once read an article where an old social-worker said that "I have led the most fulfilling life". May we all have these words on our tongue in the end of our stage performance. :)

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

nice read inner bliss!

though this comparison of life & stage is a old and common one, you have added a different colour to it & neatly structured.

thanks for sharing this blog with us :)

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

Thank you for writing this simple yet profound blog.

When the audience see some of the characters on the stage excel in their performance, they make a comment he or she had become a character himself/herself.

When we think about our real life co-existence of a individual soul with other souls, it is directly dependent upon the factor of love. It is love that links the individual soul with the audience in real life. In each case it could be a parent, child, brother, sister, husband, wife, inlaw, grandparent, friend or any other relationship but the basic layer that builds those relationship is the demonstration of unconditional lovethat helps us preserve those relationships. Our unyielding focus to build our character understanding that there is always scope for improvement is what makes it unique and different however small the role is. If we lose our character, we lose everything.

When the thought from an individual soul is focused on satisfying the audience, it becomes a Self-sacrifice which is derived only by Self-satisfaction of doing things for the welfare of the fellow beings. Again Self-satisfaction could be derived only through realizing our inner Self with the confidence which we call as Self-confidence.

There are two ways to excel in the role of an individual soul. One is to customize our character to the complete satisfactions of the audience and to their taste. This is what normal human beings do to coexist. The other way is to have a noble goal and stick to it with so much conviction. It will attract the audiences' attention like a magnet by the way it is shaped. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela are examples to name a few.

Either way, it is building our character that makes the difference in how the audience enjoy our role. It is our tendency to sacrifice our life for making the audience happy is what makes our role valuable and noble.

Viswa

4. ilsubcriber

ilsubcriber Senior IL'ite

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

That was a beautiful metaphor, Anu. The Director is constantly present during the show but perfectly invisible to our eyes. But when we actors forget the dialogue and if only we care to listen we can hear him prompting the words.
    I don't know about others but i my case I have received his prompting many, many times but for which I would have messed up with my life. There were also times when I was so frustrated with the drama, especially my part, that I even decided to quit acting. The Director didn't let me do that. He changed the audience, changed my role and then made me do it all again.
    While I am waiting to fly into the arms of my Director at the end of the show, I am also particular that I'd don my role till the very end of the play, or till I am called in by the Director.

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thanks Strangerrr,

I am glad that you liked it :)

Best regards,
    Anuradha

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Now this is a very big dip that you have allowed me to have in the ocean of your knowledge. I loved this experience too. Thank you for this.

Best regards,
    Anuradha

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you ilsubcriber for the encouraging words :)

Best regards,
    Anuradha

9. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Thank you for the inspiration. It would help a lot.

Best regards,
    Anuradha

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,
    The invisible director pulls the strings. But we are solely responsible for the pulls and pushes.

Quote:
    [Now the question is who would initiate doing something positive that promotes others willingness, satisfaction or enthusiasm? Who would customize his/their role according to other's emotional needs and demands? Somebody has to initiate it, sometime, how about thinking about this today?

It is we, who have to initiate and customize our role, and be the good performers to achieve our goal.
    Love,
    PS