1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to reduce/avoid Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by NewlyPg, Apr 25, 2013.

1. NewlyPg

NewlyPg Bronze IL'ite

Hello All,

I will really appreciate if anybody would like to share views & suggestions regarding... how to avoid or reduce intake of cholesterol ?
    My husbands cholesterol ratio was detected to be 4.8, I guess its high.
    I am really worried:-(... Your valuable suggestions & help will be great help for me.

Thanks.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Reduce nonveg, but fish is ok ( but not oil fried). MUTTON is banned, chicken weekly once little only.
    Stop junk food and oil fries..

Use oilve oil ( in a day 3 or 4 spoons only) it will increase the good cholestrol and automatically bad cholestrol will reduce.
    start GREEN Tea.
    mid morning - take two pcs of almond and mid afternoon - take two pcs of walnut.
    WALKING is MUST and morning 30 mts and evening 30 mts.

I reduced my DH cholestrol by this method.

2 people like this.
  3. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

There is a drink called Soyavita( Package GReen). It helps in reducing cholestrol, but it made me look skinny after consuming for more than two months.

If you are too fat or suffering from high cholestrol , you could take this drink twice a day.

I think its rs 120 or 130, its like complan drink.

You need to add a tablespoon of the powder to hot/cold water, and drink it.

This melts down cholesterol in your body

4. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Gents cannot have soya products more... my doc told me once, dono the scientific reason

5. NewlyPg

NewlyPg Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nijasav,

Thanks for the reply... Me & My husband eat meat (only chicken) seldom. We don't eat fish & other meat.
    And yes I have started using olive oil...
    Will surely start giving him almonds & walnuts.

Have a healthy life :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Thanks for this thread!I also really wanted this for my hubby...thanks friends for ur valuable ideas!

1 person likes this.
  7. flysauc

flysauc Gold IL'ite

We followed this in our family routine and my hubby's Triglycerides went down by whopping 80 points in a month.
    Just made some minor Changes in diet ...but did it consistently for 3 months.

First of all as everybody suggested....very less oil and ghee/butter in food. Use olive oil but make sure u don't do tadka or cook olive oil in high heat.
    Breakfast was Oatmeal (regular old fashioned cooking oats.... be cautious with the flavoured or instant oats).
    Include more whole grains in the form of Ragi,wheat,barley or Quinoa.
    Reduce or cut down on Sugar intake.(No sugar in coffee or tea and No to juice and Sodas).
    Dinner will be Light with lentils or Green leafy veggies.
    Replace with Good fats like Avacado,olive oil,Almonds ,Walnuts. Big no to Peanuts and its products.
    Also Make physullium husk a part of diet daily 3 times with Breakfast,lunch and dinner. Add 2 tbsp of husk to a tall glass of water ...it helps flush out the toxins from your system.
    Make fish oil Capsules (omega 3) a part of daily regime along with garlic capsules.
    Also try to incorporate min of 30 min of excersie daily.Though it looks a very big and exhuasting list.... but this is do able.

First and foremost is the Mindset and rest everything can be achieved.

Thou

3 people like this.
  8. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

I never heard about this type of info. What was the scientific reason behind it, have u consulted other doctors regarding this?

Make sure with other doctors well.