1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ways to give pomegranate to toddlers...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by breeze01, Oct 27, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

last week i got some pomegranates.. i didnt get time to open it i waited till today and i cleaned them they all tasted so sweet but i dont know any other means to give it to my toddler i did give him some he just eating the flesh and swallowing the seed but i dont think thats a good idea, i thought to make it as juice and give it, i did give it to him today, have to do it tommorrow.. are there any other ways i can give him pomegranate.. i did bring juice last week but it did taste soooo bitter and i end up drinking it instead of him hahahahaa.. thats other story..

please pass me other ideas/suggestions how to give it to him pomegranate...

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Breeze
    i personally hate pomegranate juice....it looses its taste that way.
    First of all give pomegranate which is ripe because then it tastes really sweet and the Egyptian varieties are sweeter than Indian.I dont know if you get them in US.
    Add pomegranate to salad(could be fruit/vegetable salad) or give it in masalas like when you make masala for masala dosa towards the end add the pomegranate seeds.Add it to the cutlet.
    In short if your child doesnt like pomegranate hide it in his food and give.....thats my strategy ;-).He will start liking the taste of it soon.I hope :)

3 people like this.
  3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

This timei got the real good once after a long ti e they do taste good, he do like it but my only concer is the seed inside is little bit hard he looks like swalloing that, does the juice taste good if I make it at home.its ok if he swallow thatmany seeds

4. sruthiroopini

sruthiroopini Bronze IL'ite

I mix little sugar and water , juice it up and sieve it.. That way DS does not eat the seeds..DS is 1 year old

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

i feel it doesn't matter if my little one swallows the seeds.. She has been eating pomogramate from even before she was one. I guess she crunches the seeds or something. Is there a problem if the child swallows the seeds? Do let me know.

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for reply sruthi
    I will do that too just wondering if anyone doing juicing or not but I dont want to add sugar as they are too sweet

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Guessho I dont know if there is anyproblem I am just checking thats it.if baby is fine then dont need to worry about I heard the guava seedscause constipation sojust checking from our fellow moms

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have been giving pomegranates to my daughter right from when she was 9 months old. She always chews it so it has never been a problem. My paed told me it is absolutely safe as long the baby chews it (atleast a little bit) before swallowing. She also told me these seeds aid in digestion.

1 person likes this.
  9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks alot for your reply..there my doubt is cleared..

10. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

I give pomegranate to my daughter ever since she was a year old. She chews and eats fine. It's one of the perfect foods that helped her to start eating by herself.

1 person likes this.