1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati,

I can credit you with one word in the first three sets and none in the last. My assessment is based on what I experience in IL from my interactions with you. I have written depositions from ILites to prove you are guilty as charged with respect to vocabulary. :roflmao:

Viswa

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Reading @Iravati is like drinking from a hose.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

First off, I have to tell you that you picked the wrong weekend for me :) but a good weekend for IL! You know when I saw the title of the snippet, I was thinking of Watson, from the Watson and Crick duo! Then of course it was the one from Sherlock Homes only to realize you are speaking an entirely difficult language. Now, how about a Watson for what's on someone's mind? And BTW not being a cricket buff or even an enthusiast, I did not even know about the cricketer!

Thank you for taking my name here. In fact I am coming back from a vacation and I have to tell you that I had quite a good time with us a cell phone. I have to confess though I am not much of a electronics person anyways and I believe as long as everyone makes time to get connected to one another and do the things you mention here,

we will all be okay.

Looks like I am way too late to chime in. I will be sure to do so as and when I think of someone. IL would not be what it is without the incredible people we get to interact. Thank you for the post.

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can amend it to read as 'Pointless Writing' or 'Ace rambler'!

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    When I saw the title, I felt it would be Greek and Latin to me or you would be talking about some one who is quite alien to me.I just skipped .Accidentally I saw some 53 responses and out of curiosity I went through OP and entire responses.I understood that it is an assessment and appreciative session that is going through.

For me, and for many of us, our first waking thought of the day is "I didnt get enough sleep." The next one is "I don't have enough time." Whether true or not, that thought of not enough occurs to us automatically before we even think to question or examine it. We spend most of the hours and the days of our lives hearing, explaining, complaining, or worrying about what we don't have enough of.. We go to sleep burdened by those thoughts and wake up to that reverie of lack... This internal condition of scarcity, this mind-set of scarcity, lives at the very heart of our jealousies, our greed, our prejudice, and our arguments with life”.
    Viswa,
    you have started giving an antidote for this sickness.

“When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.”is an oft quoted line.
    I felt that praising the members of IL by IL members more or less amounts to saying'Thank you' to yourself on your own achievements.

While evaluating the members on their choice of writing,you seem to have made the point clear that self appreciation does not amount to being egoistic. It just helps to be thankful to yourself without enhancing too much of the self image.

Give yourself a gift, not get yourself a gift.
    When I read the above lines ,I wondered
    what the difference is.Getting yourself is buying yourself something you desire. The difference is the intention and feeling behind it. Instead of buying something because you want something, you do it from a place of giving and appreciation. You give because you want to give thanks to yourself.

We may not be happy with who we are today,we may long to be who we were in times past, or long to be someone entirely new in the future. But it is important to understand our current selves and how we got to be this person in order to move forward.

Viswa, you have done a wonderful job of making everyone realise the importance of appreciation.No one other than Viswa would have skilfully burdened this on Watson's head.
    Jayasala 42

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

What is this underhand practice? There's high demand in this nonsensical area that now honorary titles for twaddle are lapped up in black market even before they are officially released and nominated. I protest. I said, I protest. Alas! As the feted stripes are already sold out, I have to haggle the only remaining crooked and junior championship title "Apprentice of the Year - Pointless Rambler". Note, next year I would like to compete in the main category. You cannot confiscate such titles at whim. Pointless ramblers should duke it out in another pointless match to be declared the official winner.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amica Hey Amica, while you are showering posts with Likes : ) do not miss these below ones. :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    momsky and Amica like this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:blush: This is a huge compliment coming from you — the person who is known for starting the most entertaining and fun threads in IL. Thank you, Ma'amJi!

@kaniths, all your awards are belong to me. :banana:

I'll assume that's a compliment. Thank you, @Viswamitra.

RihJi deserves credit for her Rel Forum posts, of course. But let's not forget her contributions in other forums — esp EPG. She is intelligent, articulate and magnanimous. Most important of all, she is very inclusive. :thumbsup:

Inclusiveness - @Rihana

Gag order already? :p :lol:

Every single ILite contributes positively to our community. So here's to us all: :beer-toast1:

momsky, kaniths, periamma and 2 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Oops. Sorry! I did post one I think.

:)

10. Rihana

A custom category for @Nonya - International Flavors

Viswamitra likes this.