Want To Do Some Meaningful Charity Work/volunteer Work. Please Advise

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shreema86, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies ,

even with all our problems we are more blessed than a lot of people who are a lot less fortunate . we have a roof above our head , we have food to eat , clean drinking water , safety etc just by the lottery of our birth. I am really keen to do something that will make a difference to someone's life. need some suggestions from you all,

(1) I want to spend time not just contribute money. things like teaching street children, reading to the blind , etc.. But I stay in the Middle East where the kind of volunteer work available is working with rescue animals, occasional health campaigns etc.. while I respect these causes , I don't feel strongly about them. does anyone know any kind of volunteer work which can be done long distance through Skype etc..

(2) I want to contribute money to a good cause . but I don't want to give to large , well known organizations which most people including me would find through google search . if anyone of you here knows an organization working for a good cause , but is not well known , please let me know.

cheers , ladies .

sindmani likes this.