1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vidya Balan's 'Dirty Picture'!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Aug 31, 2011.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    Do you guys really like Vidya Balan acting as Silk Smitha in DIRTY PICTURE.
    There are few pictures posted in internet shows that Vidya is not at all comfortable doing this role.
    What do you guys think, did she make a wrong decision in taking up this role or somebody else like Priyanka or Mallika would have been apt for this role?

[​IMG]

2. puni88

She is at her boldest ever in "The Dirty Picture", but actress Vidya Balan says she never felt a sense of discomfort shooting for the movie as she was in the "trusted hands" of director Milan Luthria.
    "I have never enjoyed being a woman more than I did while shooting for 'The Dirty Picture'. I wasn't uncomfortable doing bold scenes because I knew I was in trusted hands," Vidya told reporters here Tuesday.
    The actress, who reprises late southern siren Silk Smitha's rise and fall as a glamourous star in the film, spoke at the theatrical launch of the film.
    The movie also features Tusshar Kapoor, Emraan Hashmi and Naseeruddin Shah.
    "I have worked with Naseer before but this time it was easier...I was less nervous this time," said Vidya, who had teamed up with the veteran actor in "Ishqiya".
    On working with Bollywood's serial kisser Emraan, with whom she has locked lips in the film, she said: "I was wondering how it would be with Emraan, but it was fun."
    The trailer promises viewers that Vidya would indeed be seen in a never-seen-before avatar in the film, which is set for release Dec 2.

3. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

I feel she has made a good choice by taking up this movie... She is pretty and is capable of doing such roles... She has a way about carrying herself (next only to rani mukherjee) that makes her ease through such roles... Awaiting the picture!!

P.S : Appreicate her because she is not one of those actresses who is not happy singing duets with the hero, and she does movies that are heroine-centric..!

2 people like this.
  4. puni88

Hi SSC,
    Thanks for your response.
    Agree with you that she does carry herself good with any roles, but seeing few pictures/posters thought she did too much exposure.

5. puni88

Produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor and directed by Milan Luthria, The Dirty Picture is a biopic on the life of Southern siren Silk Smitha. But, as informed earlier, it is a non-explicit portrayal of the ups and downs in this item girl's life, and will not focus on the sleaze. The movie has Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah, Emraan Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor in the lead roles. The movie focusses more on the tragedies and inner persona of Silk Smitha, who was the undisputed Numero Uno item girl in the South Indian film industry.
    The movie has been planned for a nationwide release on Silk Smitha's birth anniversary, December 2nd. The colorful life and tragic end of Silk's life have been brought out in this movie faced a lot of issues and controversies. However, The Dirty Picture has been generating a lot of anticipation right from the day it went on floors, and is sure to generate a lot of buzz on release.

1 person likes this.
  6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I thought she should not have taken such a role,she looks decent and dignified,but what do that is the MOVIE INDUSTRY.

7. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

I think she has taken correct decision only...she is the person who tries different roles and this is one amongst it....

1 person likes this.
  8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Every industry have bad and good. When we think of movie industry, we hear lots of bad things except for money and fame. Vidhya wants to prove that she can wear silk sari ( like being decent) and act like silk Smitha ( vulgar).
    Good for her!!!! she is very bold and independent woman. Good luck, Vidhya.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I feel Vidya Balan is more cut for the out-of-the-box roles such as the ones in Parineetha, No One Killed Jessica, Ishqiya etc rather than the goody-goody roles such as in Heyy Baby, Kismat Konnection or Lage Raho Munnabhai. If any, she looks more awkward playing the stereotype roles than the unconventional ones.

The one positive factor I've noticed is that Vidya has the capabilities of projecting glamour and sexiness without being vulgar- which is evident in her films like Parineetha and Ishqiya.

And coming back to the Dirty Picture, glamour and sexiness alone is not sufficient for the lead role (If that's the case, then the director need not pick Vidya Balan. They could have just picked Mallika Sherawat or Rakhi Sawant to play the role). Silk Smitha might have been a glamour queen but going through her lifestory, one can hardly imagine the sort of dark and lonely life she led. And this is why an actress of Vidya's calibre is needed to give full justice to the role. I wish her all the best.

3 people like this.
  10. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

hope he can do justice!!!wishing her best luck