Very Short Cervix, Funneling At 20 Weeks With Cervix Stitch...pls Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Daffodil13, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Laks09, Yes my Doc suggested rest for another 4 weeks...by when i reach 29 weeks. she said she will give steroid injections at 28 weeks..

I will keep myself occupied these 4 weeks some how....Even if I am occupied with office work, at backend of my brain I will be thinking if there is pain in vaginal/pelvic area or more discharge etc..I have to stop thinking about them some how..I will try to relax..

Laks09 likes this.
  2. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Myladdu, Thanks so much dear...
    I will surely keep myself away from googling things...I am being super panic abt everything now a days..
    As you ppl advised, Surely I will try to relax and forget about all these things...

3. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the support provided guys...it helped me a lot to cope up with the situation.

As suggested, I am spending a lot time in reading spiritual books, positive thinking related etc which is putting me at ease now a days....

I am currently in 27th week now..just going on. I am sometimes get worried with stabbing pains in vaginal & pelvic area and with lot of watery discharge.
    Otherwise everything going as usual....Hope what I am facing is pretty normal?

From past 1 week, I am facing lot of leg cramps..my doc has suggested one protein tablet and lots of coconut water...this helped to some extent. Can I take lot of coconut water? I read somewhere that it might cause gestational diabetes...is it true? Pls suggest

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

@Laks09 ,

Hi Dear, I need some information. I just stepped in to 29th week yesterday. So Doc gave one dose of Betnesol injection 3 amp yesterday and one more dose today.

Doc said that these injections will increase sugar levels very high and suggested to stops sweets and carbohydrates for another few days. or at least minimize it. Did you take any precautions from food perspective. If so, pls guide me.

I am basically south Indian and main food is around rice, idly and dosa. Now i cannot stop completely all these and just eat roti's..:(. Another issue is I am getting lot of gas & acidity which is causing severe abdomen pain. Generally I munch something or other every 2 hours as i am feeling hungry. Now with this Gas trouble & to avoid carbohydrates I dont see much options..only fruits and veg salad where as i wanted to eat something chat phat..Any suggestions on food which doesn't produce gas but still be little interesting to eat..:). And pls note, I am not able to take dal, sambar etc also which is made with toor dal as it is also giving me gas.

And did you notice any reduce in baby movements after taking injections? Is it common. I considerably saw reduction in baby movements yesterday.

5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@Daffodil13 roti is also high on carbs and not much different form rice. To keep sugar levels under control u can eat more protein. Egg whites,lentils, salads,Greek yogurt,quinoa etc. If u want to eat rice,opt for brown rice or Kerala matta rice.they r better for u.reduce portion of ur rice and increase the quantity of side dishes..also eat smaller quantity more frequently than 3 regular meals

6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi teejay,

Thanks dear..I was under impression that roti is less carbohydrates..yeah I tried dahlia (broken wheat). I didn't like it though. Will try brown rice.
    I am currently unable to take side dishes a lot..I mean curries or so. No dal, no beans, peas, cabbage, cauliflower, no potato...all are causing gas to me. Running out of options to eat. Currently in between meals taking only apples, oranges, watermelon and cucumber. I need some more ideas to add in..

7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

You can also try quinoa , it's a good substitute for rice . Avoid chapati . It's true the carb levels s are very high in that too . Trial and tested .

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

You can try quinoa like ashima suggested. Or try oats.don't buy the quick/ instant variety.buy rolled or steelcut oats.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Daffodil13 - congrats on getting this far! It's a short 11 weeks to term now and I'm sure you will get there. I didn't observe any reduction in movement after the corticosteroids. Do check with your doc if that is normal.

Reg diet, I still ate what I normally did both times. I don't recall either doctors asking me to restrict carbs but if that's what your doc recommends then please follow that. With respect to diet, I ate only Raagi mudde for lunch. I ate either a small raagi mudde for dinner or ate rotis.
    For me during that time, I couldn't eat any milk products. Anytime I ate curd/ghee with my meal I had very bad bloating. I also had to avoid very spicy food during the time. I ate a slightly bland diet - mainly boiled veggies and stir fries with less or no spices and curries without spices as well.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ashima10, thanks dear...Will try including Oats and Quinoa and see how it works for me..:)