1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Venting On Today Evening's Incident

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blindpup10, Jul 4, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

An evening incident-

Sometimes I just go blank… not like I am not thinking or I can't remember. I just get so overwhelmed of my surroundings; I just freeze and make a wrong choice/ decision. Like for today… My husband does paleo diet (no grains/ just meat). We were in the process of trying to find a local butcher and we did. When my husband and I went there to pick up the week’s worth meat. I have to admit I wasn’t careful enough to check one particular cut of meat (which is grass fed, 2 lb turned out to be $60.. I know it is way too expensive for one item). I am so pissed at myself for choosing that particular cut... That I can't believe I just did what I did.

I was very particular in checking every other meat size and its cost. I just wasn’t careful enough in making the right decision on this particular item.
    My husband says- I get overwhelmed or conscious of my surrounding and don't react well to it on certain occasions.
    Is this common…?? Feeling overwhelmed and making a wrong choice or freezing at the moment? What could I have done better?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016

2. blindpup10

3. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Know that you paid for the happy life of an animal that ate something it loved and was designed yto eat rather than other things that we humans classify as 'animal feed'.

On other occasions whenever I do something stupid and it results in losses, I too have immediate reactions. Later I talk it out and see the bigger picture. Bigger picture like health of near and dear ones, happiness etc and I calm down and thank my privileged life

blindpup10 likes this.
  4. blindpup10

Thanks for cheering me up! Yea should be thankful for privileged life! Feeling so guilty though

5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry but not seeing anything serious here.This isn't a serious case of brain freeze or an epic fail. This sort of stuff happens to everyone atleast once a day or atleast when they go shopping. It's called being preoccupied or just being forgetful. And $60 isn't worth crying out.

I might have thought differently if you'd said that lost your nerve and got brain freeze in a serious situation requiring focus and presence of mind. Grocery shopping - not so much.

6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes it happens with everyone, after all we are human beings and we tend to make mistakes. Be careful next time, that's it.

7. Bbgy

Bbgy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Although this does happen with everyone and it's ok once in a while, if you are saying that this happens to you often then you should surely pay some attention to it. Have you tried mindfulness meditation? Or just a mindfulness exercise? If you read up a little you'll realize that it is the kind of thing that helps you be in the moment, focus on what is at hand and so might help you with your pre-occupations and forgetfulness. Do try it out, hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
    madras2018 likes this.