Vaginismus Help required

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jinju, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jinju

jinju New IL'ite

Vaginismus

Hello,

I have been married for about 3 months now and still havent yet been able to consummate our marriage. Everytime when he tries to enter me, i suffer from intense pain. Only the head of his penis was able to get in. At times i dont like him to touch my regions as well. PLease advise as i fear this is affecting our sex lives. I feel my hymens a bit too tight and he thinks its some underlying problem and he wants me to see a gynocologist.

Help.....I need some advise soon...

Sad Wife

2. mylovelylife

mylovelylife New IL'ite

Re: Vaginismus

Hi
    I had vaginismus and have successfully overcome it with help. First of all, I am happy to see that you have identified your problem as vaginismus. I took the help of vaginismus.com's dilators set. Try them, it works. Also you have lot of support on their forum. Consistent practice with dilators and kegel exercises surely helps. I overcame the problem within six months and now on TTC journey. Dont worry. It is a easily solvable with consistent effort and confidence. Hope this helps.
    All the very best.

mylovelylife

madras2018 likes this.
  3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hi
    It is natural to have difficulty in initial period. But don't stop trying. It will pain. Make him go inside yours fully eventhough it pains. After five or six times, if u bare it, u will be normal. Don't get stressed out. It will work out. U can use vaginal lubricator gel if u find difficulty.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  4. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

If the penetration is difficult for your DH and pains you, try a few times using some lubricant like KY jelly, coconut oil, etc. I think you must be able to get over the problem with lubricant, since his penis head is able to enter you. Also, dont think about the pain and keep your mind and body relaxed during the act. Instead of having sex as a routine, try to have it as an explorative act, so that you get more curious than stressed, during sex.

If the problem still persists, consult a gynaecologist without fail, so that your problem is set right soon and both of you start enjoying your married life. Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hello Jinju,

It is common for a newly married couple , not consummating marriage, due to painful entry into the vagina. But, this stage of difficult / painful entry lasts for a few days upto two / three weeks. By that time, couple , would have learnt on their own , how to persistently try penetration, despite pain. Then, with a bang of pain, full penetration takes place, sometimes (not always) with some amount of fresh bleeding to the woman at the entrance of the vagina. The hymen, gets ruptured at its posterior attachment to the vaginal wall.

It takes a few days for this wound to heal. Till such time, pain of penetration would persist. After the wound heals totally, then, there would be no issues with penetration.

But, in your case, it is already three months. Hence, I would strongly recommend you to seek a Gynecologist's intervention. Your Gynecologist would first examine you. Normally, an unruptured virgin's vagina will allow the index finger inside. If it does not happen, then your Gyne. will do a small five minutes procedure under local anaesthesia. Then, all problems will be solved. This procedure, would be much will be painless, when compared to the painful rupture of hymen in intercourse.

Hence, do not hesitate to seek your Gynecologist's intervention..Good luck...!

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes its difficult and painful if you are too dry in the area. Like others suggested, try some gel (KY jelly is the name) and that will make things a bit easier.
    Trust me, you will get past the stage of pain once the complete penetration happens.

7. minalpatel

minalpatel New IL'ite

Hi Jinju,

Can you update me on the latest on your Vaginismus problem. Have you come over it or have u taken any treatment?

I too am suffering from it and I have been married for 2.5 years now.

Please help URGENTLY

Minal
    Dubai, UAE

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. minalchatur

minalchatur New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 29 years old and am suffering from Vaginismus. I have been married for 2.5 years and we haven't consumated our marriage yet.

Had been to a Gynaec, here in Dubai who just recommended the usual - Xylocaine Gel & K Y Jelly.....tried both but of little use

Please share your experiences and treatments (if any) that you have undergone or heard others undergo particularly in Dubai, UAE.

Request your URGENT help as we are planning for a baby soon and am stuck with how to go forward.

Thanks & Regards,
    Minal
    Dubai, UAE

9. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Minal I read @ this long time back in this blog.Please go thro' the comments for the post too where she has talked about some procedure she underwent.Other than that I have no idea.Good Luck.

Learning by living: Is it Vaginismus

10. mylovelylife

mylovelylife New IL'ite

Hi Minal
    I too had vaginismus and took about 4 years to identify the problem. Once we discovered that it was vaginismus, took the help of a set of dilators we bought online. Those are very helpful to overcome your fears. We tried the set of dilators and workbook from the internet(vaginismus.com) and resolved the problem in about six months .
    All the best.