Vacant Land Tax Guidance Related

Discussion in 'Housing' started by niceameer, Sep 11, 2013.

1. niceameer

niceameer New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Good day...

I purchased the vacant land 2500 SF just 2 years back (with proper registration & Patta also in my name). I'm planning now to construct a house in that land.

I'm approaching for Building Plan approval and heard from one of the official that I need to pay for 5 years vacant land tax before processing this request.

My Queries are below:

1. Previous owner of the land were not paid the vacant land tax for 3 years and I purchased that land 2 years back only.

Still I need to pay for 5 years (or) only for 2 years? Govt. official asked me to pay for 5 years.

2. The land will be 2 pieces (1250 SF each). I want to construct a house on 1800 SF and an official informed me that I need to get the special approval from Govt. (combined land house construction) in order to get the building approval.

Is this correct (or) he's expecting some bribe from me?

Appreciate if someone could help me on this...

Thanks & Regards,
    Ameer

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

I am sure about tax that you have to pay for all 5years. We too did the same for our plot. We bought the plot in 2010 but tax was not paid since 2007. This year we paid complete amount. Both the plots are in your name then why you need a special approval. For every plot we need govt. approval on our plan. I guess it will be better if you consult some good agent in your area. It depends your land comes under which authority of your city, like panchayat or development authority or municipality.

3. niceameer

niceameer New IL'ite

Hi Padmash,

Many Thanks for your reply.

My Query is: Why we need to pay the VLT from the beginning as we purchased the land after some time? Government should collect the VLT from the previous owner and they're not doing their job at that time.

Now, why we need to suffer & pay the amount for the previous years. At the time of registration, it was mentioned clearly in the document as "the pending tax was already paid by the owner and if anything pending & notified, he should be accountable for that."

Is this the Government guidelines as we need to pay from the beginning instead of previous owner?

Appreciate your feedback.