Uterine wall thickened no foetus seen

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by maheswaris, Jan 14, 2012.

1. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

Hi Friens
    Here is my story . We are ttc for 2.5 yrs and lots of prayers, pooja and i was on clomid for 6 mnths and finally i missed my period and checked for hpt which came out positive. Now 6 weeks completed ., did ultrasound to find only endometrium is thickened but no foetus nor sac was seen . I am worried to the core. My husband is very caring but its really tough time for us now . My gynaec asked to check for b HCG and apptmt scheduled next week only. Now i dont know if i m pregnant or what it could be .. Plz help.. I couldnt share this to my relatives also... I know i shuldnt cry but could not tolerate and i m crying .... Plz help me to overcome this situation

2. devilaksh

devilaksh New IL'ite

hi

i have also many experience when i ttc. so trying to help you if i can. dont worry about it. go to the best doctor. my query to you is that do you have any pain in lower abdomen. check out the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy from net. it is not to panic you. but to be on a safer side. go immediately to a best gyn. once it happened to me also for more than 7 weeks i suffered the same. dont worry, please take the beta blood test to confirm the pregnancy. it will answer your worry

let god be with you and your family

3. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear maheshwari,

Please dont feel disheartened - all these experiences form part of our life. Please keep up yr faith in God.

Regarding yr condition - there can be 2 possibilities.

1. Either this is an ectopic pregnancy wherein the pregnancy happens outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. You will also experience pain in this kind of pregnancy. But since u have already gone in for sonography, this conditon would hv been revealed.

2. Sometimes when u r on fertility drugs, the body has an excess of hormones which forces the body to prepare for an eventual pregnancy. So the lady has all the symptoms - missed periods, thickening of the endometrium, hcg count etc. Some women even experience morning sickness and so on. The only thing missing is the foetus since no fertilization has taken place. Usually in most cases, the body eventually realises n returns to original state.

While in TTC state, wanted to know if you have gone in for other tests like blockage in fallopian tubes, follicular scan, ovulatory cycle, thyroid test etc.

You need to be away from stress so please dont think too much on this. I know this is difficult but stress causes a lot of problems if u r in the TTC mode.

regards,
    kylie

4. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

Hi kylie and devi
    Thanks for the response . When i asked my gynaec abt ectopic she said its too early to say and could not confirm until blood test and repeated vaginal scan can only answer our queries.
    And while ttc i have not taken tests if block or thyroid cycle. My gynaec has not tken these tests.

Have to wait till next thursday for the apptmt.

5. geethadj

geethadj New IL'ite

Hi Maheswari, i was in the same situation as yours when I was pregnant with my son. HPT came positive, hcg count was also increasing, but no sac was seen and endometrium was thickened at 6 weeks since LMP. The doctor said there is very less chance that I could be pregnant. I was disheartened, but when we did the scan after one week, they were able to see the sac. Later when I consulted another doctor, she said that it might have been because I ovulated late and hence conception was late and that was the reason they couldn't see the sac at 6weeks.

Wish you all the best!

regards,
    geetha

6. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Maheswari,

I had similar problem , I was in my 5th week when we did the scan , in the scan the doc couldnt see my baby instead the diagnosis was endometrium thickened. I was worried too. Doc thought it could be because of doing an early scan or because of pregnancy in one of my fallopian tubes (ectopic), then she suggested me to do blood test which came out +ve By looking at the counts our doc said its an early scan and suggested to do it after 2 weeks. When we did we saw our little one there :).

Dont worry lets pray that everything will be +ve for you :). Do let us know as to what happened next :)

Love Raji

7. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

Hi Geetha and Raji
    Thanks for sharing your experience.... My doc apptmt is on thursday ... I will update you all with the results...
    Did u have any morning sickness by then? I am not having much ... Thanks for including me in ur prayers

8. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

hi Maheswari

Don't worry .You might have had a late ovulation .Next week I am sure you will see the sac .DOn't worry .Mroning sickness usulally starts around 7 th week and incase you had a late ovulation it could be pushed back or sometimes you may not even have it .You might be one of the lucky ones not have that sickness .Trust me its better that way .

Hope everything works out for you and you have happy and healthy pregnancy

lochu

9. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

Went to doc to find that my hcg levels are not doubling so she did ultrasound and could not see much progress. She said its not a viable pregnancy . I m travelng to india next week as my mom will be there to look after .

10. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Take care Maheswari. Staying with your mom will do u loads of good. Be positive n everything will work out just fine. Keeping u in my prayers.

love,
    Kyle