1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Using diaper overnight

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kshema, Oct 28, 2015.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My baby boy is one and half year and am using diaper over night everyday. Is there any harm in using overnight. I thought if he utinate several times wet pant may disturb his sleep and he don't sleep in one place in night.Please advice

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Even I used to use no issues....

I think it is better to use rather than make him sleep on wet bed coz it will not only disturb sleep but bed wetting.
    some advise to use plastic cover under the bed sheet to protect the bed which we never preferred.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP, My LO 15 months old and we have been using overnight diaper from the beginning.
    Earlier I used to change it once in the middle of night or say late night and take it off as first thing in the morning..but with time, other chores increased, energies gone down I do not worry much.

It is better to let them sleep in wetness which might wake them up.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is no health related harm. Diaper technology is advanced enough for that.

Sometimes, when things make parenting easier, there is a bit of unsubstantiated opposition to it.

In terms of saving the environment... yes, disposable diapers are not so eco-friendly.

I'd say, use the overnite diapers.. enjoy the sleep... in a few weeks or months, you'll be surprised with a dry diaper.

Then, on to other issues like how to have child go pee in a public toilet.. that is another set of gymnastic moves. :)

5. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all for your suggestions. I heard quick dry sheets are avialable (like a small bed spread) will try that.

6. Ash84

Ash84 New IL'ite

In my opinion, diapers are the best solution for a comfortable night. I have tried Quick dry sheets but they are not a great idea if your baby wud roll during night.
    My daughter wud rollover n pee right outside the sheet:-(
    Try your luck!!

7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Quick dry sheets are available for all bed sizes. They cover the bed in whole. They are awesome and help in maintaining the mattress.

Even if you use quick dry sheets. your child's clothing is bound to get wet when he/she urinates, thereby disturbing their sleep.

8. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

During night there is a hormone that makes the urine to concentrate (so that you do not have to jump all the time to the bathroom). You can notice it in the morning that the urine is darker (more concentrated). A baby will not have this hormone yet, usually it starts when the child is around 2-3 years old. Some children have a delay and they wet their diapers/beds till they are older. Better to use a diaper until you start to get dry diapers in the morning. If the child still wets the diaper when 4-5 years old better to consult a ped.