1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

US Schooling

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Sanjana1976, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Sanjana1976

Sanjana1976 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a 6.5 yrs old kid who woud be going to Grade 2 from June.
    Can anybody let me know if I take her to US now (in Feb or March) would I be able to put her in school now, or do I need to wait for next accademic session.

Sanjana

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Yes YOu can depending on where your apartment is they will give an admission to home public school

3. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

yes sanjana,
    i think so too. people move around all the time and getting into schools isnt that tough.
    check with your home school , depending on your location , like lochu mentioned.
    Good luck with the relocation .

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

The academic year in the US runs from Sept to May. But schools do have transfer students coming in the middle of school year all the time. Like others have said, if you know where you will be, it is a good idea to find out what school district you will fall into. Go to that district, send an email to the principal/administrative office asking all the details and explaining your situation. They will be sure to answer you and in worst case direct you to the right contact. It is a good idea to talk now.

Else you can complete her 2nd grade in India by mar/april, relocate in May and then enrol for 3rd grade. The child will have a little time to adapt to the new environment - of course this is purely my personal opinion and I am giving it with out you asking for it. Hope you do not mind.

In either case, I would like to suggest to start talking with the school - a clearer picture will emerge.

1 person likes this.