1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unpaid Drivers - Hubbies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

UNPAID DRIVERS- HUBBIES

I just read a wonderful blog by Sunkan,which tells of how spouses force their opinions on their counterpart.A must read, the link as below

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/sunkan/never-stunt-them-your-over-515/

This reminds me of so many people I know of.So many friends of mine don’t teach Car driving to their wives, maybe they don’t have confidence in their driving abilities,with the result they land up as chauffers, taking the wife to buy household stuff, vegetables,going to the doctors and so on.Well even if she was an Aishwariya Rai, I wouldn’t go.

I knew driving when I got married, but wife did not.When our first daughter Radhika was born, we had to frequently take her to the doctor.And I had to go for the household shopping.It can be irritating when wife says, just wait a minute in the car, I want to buy bread from the bakery,and comes out after half an hour with a few bags of stuff and asks me for a few hundred rupees for other stuff she suddenly remembered.Like Butter,cheese,Bread Sticks,some pasteries and what not.I used to wonder why buying a bread is so expensive.

Waitng infuriates me, shopping even more.I went to buy a Salwar Suit with her,and she takes an hour to try on 10 of them before she chooses one, then want s to see some sarees, all the while I am bored to death, just waiting to get out.

That was when I decided I must teach her to drive a car to be saved from the agony of being an unpaid driver to her.First enrolled her in a Driving School ( She complained that the driving instructor was a flirty fellow, wanting to touch her arms and other places in excuse of teaching her to drive, but I did not give in.

Then she and me went for practice in my rickety Fiat, and after missing a few near accidents, she was on her way.I was the most relieved man that day when she took the car for the first time alone.Now we both go our ways.What with Big Bazaar recently opened here in Jaipur, she wants to drag me along but I politely say no.

Ladies just don’t know what they want,or at least my wife.She will say I want to buy a few vegetables, say a kg each, and I see her landing up with 20 kgs of stuff, purse all empty.It is only when I am in the mood to look at at pretty ladies at the malls do I go with her, and tell her I am roaming around the mall and when u are finished just give me a missed call.And to carry that heavy stuff,is backbreaking.

But basically I am a very nice fellow in many ways.HAHA.I never accompany her to buy clothes.I tell her u have to wear them, u choose yr designs and colours, they are fine by me.For the house curtains, and sofa upholstery, I leave it to her and my daughter to choose, deciding the budget well before.We got the house coloured, I decided that I must have Velvet Touch, which I find the best, the last one lasted me 20 years at one go.Colour she can decide.For daughter’s room it was dau’s choice altogether.

Teenagers u know are so fussy about clothes.My daughters come and say, papa we want to buy jeans, I said here take themoney, go and buy whatever u want,but make sure they are decent, and not the low types where flesh is seen.I am a bit conservative , but I give them their choice.I may be seen as indifferent at times, but I just cant stand and see then take hours , I am very impatient father and husband.So I tell them I don’t want to spoil yr fun, u go buy yourself or take a friend with you, but kindly spare me the torture.As they say “ one man’s pleasure can be another’s torture”.

But I see so many things.Some of my friend;s wives cant drive, and they are busy drivers for their wives.They must choose what the wife wears.And drop them and pick them up from kitty parties, leaving their business .Yech ! Don’t we have other work.like blogging, to dabble in all this.Let the wives go buy veggies and fruits, and clothes leave me alone with the ladies of Blogging Sites for good discussions.

Now my daughter too knows driving and she has a 12 yr old Esteem, ragged and rusted, but workable, and she leaves me alone.She dosnt wat a new car, as she says she can bang and dang this one without papa saying anything.She’s smart, afterall she’s Kamalji’s daughter !

So guys, let yr ladies learn to drive, otherwise they will drive u down the bend.And spend some more time here with the beauties around, instead of buying groceries and being a driver to them.Let them too look at handsome hunks all alone,equality is the name of the game.I have my moksha from chauffering,and I hope u too have it Guys.Amen.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji,

again a very interesting topic for us...................with true feelings of men, yes i can understand those feelings of husbands being a driver, since i have experienced it

oh all men think alike, my husband too keeps telling me, "you please learn driving.......so that i can take some rest....."
    ...........anyhow he knows its a 10year plan with me, by the time i start learning, i think my daughters will drive, :hide:.............. its not that we want to make you all good chauffers, we always like to accompany our husbands, wherever we go nah.........do you know that kamalji...................

and coming to the mall story, my husband too tells ," please darling you do the shopping, i ll look for some other new stuffs in the market, RantRantonce you are finished, give me a missed call,
    you know he ll send the daughters too with me............so that he can have his chance of looking at those pretty girls around him

one day my daughters went with their papa in the mall, and me taking all those groceries for the house................Witsendonce the shopping was over, we all got into the car.................and my husband was telling me about the new stuffs , lipsticks, powder, perfumes, etc,...............they told me, mama, we think papa likes to look at those didis in the mall, that is why he sends you alone, that is why he went to that counter.............
    from that day he will not take them with him................but somehow kids will find him and go to him............and since they are grown up and little matured............they all have fun together............

but finally they all will come with something nice for me................chooooooo sweet of them...................

love
    padma

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Padma,

that was a good one.Going to watch the ladies sell lipsticks eh ! Well they do keep pretty ones at the counters, and they always accost me to try aperfume or so.

I browse around and buy a couple of cheap CD's of old indian movies for say 35 or 40 bucks, eat a Burger in the mall, and watch pretty females go by.So time passes by well , wioth wife not aroundBig Laugh

i must meet yr hubby Padma,to learn some new girl watching techniques.Im sure Indus will soon throw me out for spoiling thje ladies out here with my naughty chatter.bonk

You write a blog on this and i am sure iot will be fun.HAHA.Thanks for yr sweet comments, and the first one here.Regards.kamal

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

vow kamal bhaiya,
    i am happy that my article inspired you to tell about self, and for once there is noTOI here, so nice of you to have given a link in ur article, like how i said kamalji you are the big catch as my bhaiya, u know so many write to me, may be because u speak about me a lot with them thanku wish to make many friends...and about the car and malls part patha nahin it has been a long time i did all the shopping by self, and had to take care of my husband too like grooming from jeans and shirts as his sis was against all that and the children also wanted to see him in jeans, he had a trim figure to sport so looked good in anything, would chide me, look all are looking at me they think i am walking with one elderly member of the house that is meRantand i used to just bear with it, that is his way of taking out many a revenge with me for not allowing him to his vices, i think u know what it is..sunkan

5. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji.
    Another one from you with a'' HATTKEY''style......(LAAJAWAAB) ...I think this one is going to be a hit like Namesake....Keep blogging...

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sis Sunkan,

You know i dint not have an idea for a blog for the next few days,wondering waht to write.Then i decided let me read other's blogs instead, and comment.I have been very selfish in just answering comments to my blogs, and not reading enough.

So i went to the Nominations sections and what do i find but yr blog nominated, and decided to read it.And what a wonderful blog yrs turned out to be, and in turn gave me the idea for this blog, otherwise ow couild i have written this, unless something jogs my memory, and yr blog did just that.

Congrats for the nomiantion, and i sincerly hope u win,though i think u wont as there are two very good blogs by another lady, Mythil or something, about that apalam, she' just too good for everyone.I am betting that she will win.What awesome she writes, though yrs was damn good too.

My wife read this blog and she was compaining that i have added a little masala here to her driving, and tht she is nota shopaholic, and i told her just as food is bland without some masalas so will be a blog, give me some liberty yaar.I pull her leg in my blogs,sorry on that, and i give her the same liberty, but i know she never blogs.HAHA.

Sorry about yr husband i know what u are referring to ,some things said ar enot in good taste.

i use the reverse.i tell her that she looks like my grandaughter.Big LaughIf i have to put someone down, it should be myself.

Take care,thanks for yr kind words and comments, and all that i am here is bs of u sis Sunkan.You broguth me here to Indus.Thanks for that and i am loving my time here, with all the pretty ladies like u around Big LaughREgards.kamal

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hello kamalji,

i am a new member and enjoyed your post..am sure my husband would only too readily agree with u...i do not drive much to his dismay and so he has to do all the chauffering for me and my daughter.....however my daughter has just turned 17 and is already learning driving...hubby dear is waiting for all the afternoons he can laze around at home with mom and daughter finally independent....

mindi

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Moonbeams,

When i have a lovely friend like u, who comments am\nd nominates me, what more do i want in life.Thanks fior yr words of encouragment.All credit for this blog goes to Sunkan, whose blog reminded me of this.

And i have another blog ready, again inspired by sunkan's account of a marriage she arranged.That i will post day after.

Its about how marriages were conducted in the days gone by in the sixties,the orchestras which are no more, the hairdo of the ladies, with those big buns,haha,so just wait for that.Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,

Thanks for yr kind visit.Welocme to Indus.im sure u will love it here as i do.

Well i seem to have struck a cord with the ladies here.Same problems everywhere eh .

Im sure yr hubby will be releived to laze at home while u and daughter go and shop till u drop.give him my regards.kamal

10. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi kamalji,

a nice write up...though i have to say i disagree with you....

warm wishes,
    priya