1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected! - 3

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, May 8, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Robert was cursing one of his clients who came late and left much later. His job involved a lot of patience and maintaining good relationship and he was thoroughly tested that day. He wondered whether Nancy might have opened those rooms. He feared that the rooms could have been very dirty and have a lot of cobwebs and Nancy might get an infection had she opened any of them. She was a bit low on resistance too and caught cold and flu easily. He did not want Nancy to get sick.

He finally got back to his car and drove faster. On his way back, he had to stop at a crossing and was told that it would take about 10 minutes for the train to pass. Having some minutes to kill, he dialled Nancy. There was no response. It was about 08.45 p.m. and there was no light other than a weak yellow lamp near the crossing and the signal which was red. He had another half hour journey left and was getting impatient.

At last, the train went and the gate opened. He accelerated and was almost around the last stretch when he saw that shop. In fact that was the only shop that was open in a series of them, and he thought of buying something for Nancy. He went in and was pleasantly surprised by the fresh smell of the just baked cakes. Being a fan of fresh bakes, he picked up a large cake [the flavour of which Nancy liked so much] and paid the money. The shopkeeper was a man of about 50 years and he smiled and tendered the change back. "Are you new here?", he asked. Robert was in no mood to reply as it was already late, but for the sake of courtesy, he nodded and said a few words about himself and asked a few general questions.

"I am Theo, a native to this place and this shop has been started by my father seventy years ago! Fine. I sense that you are in a hurry! But tell me! Where do you stay?", he asked. Robert mentioned the location. "What? That house? Was it not locked for years?", he asked. "Yes! Its one of my friend's and he cleaned it up for us!", Robert responded and turned to leave. "Do you know that there is a rumour about that house?", Theo asked.

"What?", Robert almost shouted and turned. "Actually, people say that, the house is haunted! At nights you could hear a little one talking something and asking for help! Even I heard it once or twice!", Theo ended. Robert froze. Though neither of them believed in ghosts, Robert worried whether Nancy might get hurt. He called Nancy again. There was no response this time too.

He ran to his car faster.
    -To be continued.

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Waiting!!!

btw, how many more to go (if i can ask)?

3. rgsrinivasan

Planning to just write 2 more episodes to this story. By the way, can you guess the end?
    Thanks for your encouragement Strangerrr. -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

After your comment, i seriously tried but couldn't.

Those green bold lines sounds more interesting when try not to guess, you know :p ;)

5. rgsrinivasan

Right now, I have three totally different avenues to write and finalized on the one that sounds good to me. Thanks for your continuous support Strangerrr. -rgs

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Getting into suspense mode.. Waiting to read next ..

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your continuous following up, Pallavi. Will try to post the others sooner. -rgs