1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Arun and Asha were leading a happy life after settling down well in that new town that was really growing rapidly. They built a nice house for themselves as they knew that the job Arun has is long-term commitment and has significant growth potential. Asha was a teacher and enjoyed her profession as it involved significant commitment and an outstanding sense of fulfillment.

Only thing they were missing was a baby in their life. Finally, Asha delivered a beautiful baby girl making Arun feel out of the world. Asha resigned her job and decided to take care of her baby. Arun was coming home early enough to spend substantial time with her. She enjoyed going out and therefore, they would dress her up nicely and travel to nearby places very often to make her feel happy. She grew up a little and started going to school and her demands have gone up. Her favorites are theme parks, games arcades and watching Disney movies. Asha wanted to do most of her shopping during the week ends. Arun being a very social and very religious man, he wanted to go to social gatherings or temples over the week ends. Arun and Asha were trying to make a compromise that they can alternate doing one of their interest each week for three consecutive weeks and relax the fourth week. They wanted that cycle to continue to keep everyone happy. But the little one being a demanding girl wanted every week end in her favor causing significant amount of heart burn to the family.

One fine day, the little one was visiting a friend's residence and started playing with a puppy. She got fascinated with the puppy and as soon as she came back home, she demanded a puppy to play with. Arun and Asha already frustrated with her existing demands, decided not to yield to her pressure and said “no” to her. The little one was very upset and continued to show her big face when she returned from school to her parents. Finally, the parents decided to yield to her pressure and bought her a new puppy dog.

Asha and the little one spent a lot of time with the puppy dog and bought treats and many toys for the new puppy to play. When Arun come back home, he will always play with the puppy throwing the toys around making the puppy run and fetch them. However, the puppy did not like going out and every time when they try to take the puppy out, the puppy will shiver and start shedding a lot of hair. Everyone knew that he did not like going out of the house. Slowly everyone started enjoying spending time at home with the puppy.

One day Arun and Asha decided to sit down and spend some time to assess what changed their life so much now that they are not going out so much but are very happy and contented. All of them were emotionally very attached to the puppy and started doing things that involves the puppy always. They listed three important qualities that the puppy had that changed their life style:

1) No matter how much Arun and Asha disciplined the puppy, it did not talk back, 2) Every time when the family members return from work or school, the puppy will wag its tail and happily go and stand nearby and welcome them home and 3) Even though the puppy did not talk, it clearly expressed that all it wants is some time with them.

Asha and Arun found out what unconditional love is and what it takes to sacrifice time for each other.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Lovely blog ....!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

All said and done....i have to accept the fact that i am scared of pets. My dh and kids want to buy a puppy but they are waiting for me to overcome my fear of pets. But I dont think that is ever going to happen (I feel guilty for not being able to nod an YES to them) ....bcos I have seen my brother (he got bit by a puppy) getting injected in the stomach for 14 days. The thought of having a puppy at home brings back painful memories when i could just cry for my brother when he was undergoing unbearable pain.

But i do understand and love to see the laughter and happiness in the faces of my dh and kids when they are playing with a puppy. I love them for understanding my fears and putting aside their wish to have a pet of their own at home.

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. the story is simply mind blowing.... Very well said sir..

Loved the above sentence, dont we all also have hunger to have sometime with our loved ones.. When our people are around really it does not matter, whether we are in theme park / luxurious place just a small room filled with love and affection is enough..

Thank you for such wonderful thought

5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a neat little one Viswamitra. Enjoyed reading it. What makes me wonder is the little but definite presence of a satire in each of your stories. Neat! Thanks. -rgs

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

I loved the story! Beautiful creation and worth remembering :)

Anuradha

7. Viswamitra

Thank you for these wonderful images. It produced a great smile in my face.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Sunitha,

I understand that feeling very well as I live with my dear wife who had the same fear for several years. We turned down the puppy request so many times until my son became 18 years old. When he went to college, he said that since he was living in his own apartment, he was going to have a miniature dachshund. His mom did not say anything. Slowly, he started bringing the dog home and my wife started enjoying his company. Now she adores that dog and can't live without him. The dog has now formally moved to our house along with our son as my son is doing his masters and Ph.D. in a local University.

My only child's explanation for the decision about the dog: "Mom was not giving me enough space and I decided that the best way I can be on my own space only if I distract her attention to something else. I love her so much but I need some time on my own. She showers me with her love always and instead of growing, I am continuing to be a child."

So I believe if you have a small made dog, you can overcome that fear and will make your DH and children happy.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Thank you for your fb and encouragement. It is true that sometimes, we may be in world's best places but still may be lost in thoughts but only time we are always happy is when we are in the company of our loved ones.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Dear RGS,

Thank you for your kind words.

Viswa