Ultra Sound Report doubts

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Akkianju, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Akkianju

Akkianju New IL'ite

Ultrasound scan of early pregnancy:
    (TVS)

@ Uterus enlarged in size
    @ Single gestational sac is seen in the uterus
    @ Fetal node and yolk sac are visualised
    @ Fetal Cardiac pulsations are Not visualised
    @ CRL--- 4.2 mm. 6 Weeks-1Day
    @ Internal Os closed. Length of Cervix-31mm

Am supposed to be 8 weeks but the ultrasound shows 6.1week.
    Am goin to consult my gynoc tom. Am palnning to wait for 2 more weeks.
    I have already has 2 miscarriages in past. Please post ur suggestions.
    Thank U

2. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

Hi AKKIANJU:)... U need not worry about the count of weeks... According to you, you have started counting from the day u had your last periods. But it takes time for the ovum to get fertilized according to the day when the fusion of the sperm and ovum took place(usually this can happen only during your second week which is the fertile period of the menstrual cycle), and then a product called zygote which is the cell stage, and then the cells multiply to start to form the fetus, I mean the baby. So dont worry about the difference of dates. Even I had the same difference, and I am now having a healthy baby of 2-years age.

And once the fusion is complete, it then takes time to complete the heart and brain formation. Then you will hear the heart pulsations from about 6-8 weeks. And as I dont know why you had miscarriages previously, I cant advice you on how to take care. This site may clear your doubts. Fetal development: The first trimester - MayoClinic.com

And just do an ultrasound in your 8-10th week where you can have good results. Because it varies from women to women.. And if I remember correctly, I had the fetal pulse on my 8th week only. Until then I had the same result as yours.

So stop worrying and start dreaming of how beautiful your baby is, and how to call your baby. Start looking for good names. All the best. And keep yourself away from all these stress and stay happy. Thats the most important aspect of having a healthy baby. Advanced HAPPY BIRTHDAY for your baby... KEEP SMILING:)...

3. Akkianju

Akkianju New IL'ite

THANK YOU very much......i visited my Gynac this morning, She was not positive but we wanted to wait for 2 more weeks and she said let us do another u/s in 10 days time and hope for some miracle. We were down but then we went to consult another gynac and she was positive regarding this and said we can wait for 2 more weeks and there are good chances for the baby to grow and hear the heart beat.
    Previous both m/c were due to the same reason, no heartbeat in 6-7weeks....lets hope for the best.... Thanks Once again...

4. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

U are welcome... I m happy that you are confident.. Dont lose heart... And a small warning... Dont take it bad.. Try NOT to have sex for the next month or so... Because the strain is not good at this time... take care...

5. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

All the best Akkianju , dont worry everything will be fine just be +ve.