TTC troubles...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by maya1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. maya1

maya1 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ramyasreedhar,
    when did u undergo ivf with Dr Malpani, how much did he charge..i think its v expensive to the scale of 2lakh i assume. I was also consulting Dr. Malpani through mail, but after reading some negative reviews about him in this and some other forums, i made a mind not to proceed with him. but after your post, i am again confused what to do. what was the total cost for ivf there.

2. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi maya,
    I underwent my Ivf in 2009. Frankly speaking when I was in India the first time he charged me 1.5 inclusive of med..and inj.. Later when he realized I am an Nri now he charged me more. Maya you can neg the rate with him we did that on our first consultation. We requested him and he agreed for the same. But make it clear if the inj etc are extra that itself cost a loT. Now with inflation everywhere may be he is charging more. Moreover all the doctors out there are here to earn.. If they advertise 1.5 it might be just the procedure the med and inj cost more 25- 50 thousand.. But I loved the experience there and the staff were so receptive and understanding.infact the last cycle dr anirudh actually diverted my attention and tried to make me laugh to ease my pain during the procedure..
    my experience so far has been good . Infact after I concieved I had some bleeding and I was abroad when it happened. I called him up and he answered my call if he was busy my call was returned afterwards acc to his convenience. This is to say that post the procedure too he takes care of his patients and attends to them. He def replies to any mail sent to him it may be a bit delayed but he makes it a pt to answer any of your queries. We must also understand that they are. Busy doc if he spends 1 hr with a patient he can't afford to cover the rest. I think of it this way that .. Even the others need an opportunity to see him.. Since he has limited appt in a day.his website and the book (returnable)he gives on first consultation covers all your doubts.
    If your are in Mumbai I heard the dic at lilavati too is good but I think she gets irritated and angry fast that's what I even heard from. My thyr doc in india..

3. maya1

maya1 Junior IL'ite

Hi, I have decided to give a try one more time to iui before proceeding to ivf. may be coming month i ll go for iui. dear ladies, please pray for me that i get success this time.
    Have you guys heard about Dr. Anitha and Dr. Mani at Gift fertility centre?

4. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

Hi Maya1
    you hv not mentioned anywhere if u hv checked ur tubes being good, hv u undergone a lap or a HSG to check for ur parameters ... if not pls do check that n then go for ur next iui ... pls do not hurry for an ivf

5. maya1

maya1 Junior IL'ite

Hello vini,
    yes i have undergone HSG 4 years back in Delhi and the tubes were ok, there was no problem. I have undergone almost all the tests and all of them are normal. Still i cant understand why my 3 iui's failed.

6. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

I am told by my doc that when everything is perfect, she gave me a whole list of conditions OMG !!! it was quite a list ... the chances are like 8% ... in iui the chances are like 15 -20% ... so i suggest u bid ur time ... try few more cycles, maybe u can try sm fertility enhancing diet n exercise to increase ur chances ....

i always feel when the time is ripe smthing wud click an iui, ivf icsi ... or even untimed IC ... so patiently wait ...n do all u can

7. maya1

maya1 Junior IL'ite

LAdies,
    please bear with me and my questions..i m v confused..
    please tell your take on BACC, i think Dr. Kamini rao is there...please please tell how is she and and the clinic..

8. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

i hv not gone to BACC for any treatment as such but i hv met her, it seemed more like a market place, most treatment/procedures are done by interns, i dbt it is personally handled by dr kamini... again you shud visit the place ur self and descide

9. drshilpa

drshilpa New IL'ite

Consult Dr.Shweta Agarwal at R.K.Ivf Udaipur,she is very nice lady and giving very good results in IUI and IVF. Talk to her once and you wont regret.
    {R.K.Hospital & Infertility (IVF) Center Udaipur Raj. Go through their website for details
    www.rkivf.com
    ."Infertility : We brings Hope"

10. sivaganesha

sivaganesha New IL'ite

Hi Maya,

Did you find any good Doctor for your IUI? I am also trying fom last 3 years and no luck.I had already 3 failed IUI. First IUI I did in Cherish, kormangala with my DH Semen, 2nd and 3rd IUI I did in Gift fertility, Marathalli with my DH semen with no Success. For me the case is unexplained infertility.