1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with a 15 month baby.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by SunandhaWilis, Jan 22, 2012.

1. SunandhaWilis

SunandhaWilis New IL'ite

Sure will do. I was so nervous but I just learnt to go with the flow and it was an enjoyable experience.

Prep:
    1) I had thought about his food I would carry on the flight and also enquired other people who traveled and the airline about the babyfood.
    2) The baby food I decided was cerelac, milk, couple of mashed fruits from gerber and baby rusks from heinz, which i carried along with me. My choice was limited since Jake was on a lactose free diet I was left with a limited stuff. As for the food from the flight, I was offered normal food and also mashed food. I took the mashed food. I gave his food just before I had mine so that he would let me have mine peacefully and he ofcourse asked my food but for fun mostly.
    3) After his food I would put him to sleep. When he wakes up he has his milk and then he walks up and down the aisle, and charms everyone :D
    4) Then its cartoon time or we would play. I just needed to keep him entertained and happy.

My routine was food, sleep, milk, walk and then again food and the routine goes on. I decided on a baby carrier rather than a stroller since i cudnt use the stroller and also carry the luggage.

What made my food time easier was that I measured his food earlier and had in ziplock bags so that it wouldn't occupy space. All I had to do was mix.

Dont expect everyone on the flight to be helpful other than the air hostess. The passengers can be downright selfish from not giving up a bassinet seat to changing places so that they can take up the whole three seater and lie down on them rather than helping a woman with a baby. Just plan so that you can be independent rather than thinking you can get help from others. (talking from my personal experience)

BTW it was my first travel with Qatar airways and I loved it. The airhostess were very helpful and promptly helping when I asked for help.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunanda..
    Thanks for sharing the information...

3. saviram26

saviram26 New IL'ite

Hi Sunandha,

Thanks for bringing up this thread.. I would be travelling alone to US with my 12 months old son in Feb'13. I went thru the complete details and have a few questions.

1. Which brand Baby carrier did you use.. Also, did you baby & you find the carrier a good choice.. Am still in a dilemma between stroller or carrier. DS is 10 months now and practicing to walk, am worried he would not sit in the stroller and that would be an added weight for me :(
    2. I hear from my friend that she was not given a bassinet for her 11 months baby..
    3. DS is feeling separation anxiety now and starts screaming if I disappear even for a moment. Am worried how he'll manage when I have to use the toilet for few mins..
    Need advice if they he will manage the long flight.

thanks!
    Savitha

4. Belovedsister

Belovedsister Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing Sunandha:)

5. monu21

monu21 Senior IL'ite

thanks Sunandha